Is The American Standard Walk-In Whirlpool Any Good? If you need more safety in the shower or bath, then you know the importance of Walk-In Tubs for safety. In my American Standard Walk In Tub Review, I go through the pros and cons of this American Standard Walk-In Whirlpool and reveal if it is a sound and safe product.
American Standard Walk In Tub Specs
|Dimensions:||52 x 32 x 40 inches|
|Price:||$$$ (Check the latest price)|
An Overview of The American Standard Walk In Tub
- A fully-equipped walk-in tub
- A premium fast-fill faucet
- Overflow and safety grab bar
- Constructed of durable, hi-gloss Gelcoat
- The latest in safety and comfort features
- The most advanced therapeutic options
- The full-sized, watertight outward opening door is contoured for ease of entry
- It has a low threshold that allows the full transfer
- Features the Whirlpool Massage System with 6 water jets, an inline heater
- A Legs Only Massage for a soothing and invigorating therapeutic bathing experience
- Easy-touch push-button controls
- Handheld showering wand
- A polished chrome drain
- Has a lifetime warranty on the door seal, a 10-year warranty on the tub shell and a 5-year warranty on all other components
- The built-in safety grab bar and textured bath floor increases your level of bathing independence and fewer opportunities to slip or lose your balance
- The chair height, built-in seat is contoured to allow for more room
- This tub is white in color and the faucet deck mount (fast-fill faucet included in this model),
- Drain and door are positioned on the right-hand side of the bath;
- Available in White or Linen
- In a Left-Hand or Right-Hand Door/Drain Configuration
- American Standard can help find the right walk-in tub or shower for you
Who The American Standard Whirlpool Is For?
Accessible bathtubs are bathtubs that can be used by people with limited mobility or the disabled. This walk-in bathtub, has whirlpool features, internal grab bars, anti-slip floors, and seats, You can go from a wheelchair or walker directly into the tub without climbing over a tub wall.
My First Impression of The American Standard Whirlpool
This whirlpool is impressive. The therapeutic functions for a senior are outstanding with 6 jets and heater and leg massager. There is a built-in safety grab bar and textured bath floor that increases your level of bathing independence and delivers peace of mind by giving you fewer opportunities to slip or lose your balance. It has a fast-fill faucet.
About the American Standard Brand
based in Piscataway, New Jersey, United States, American Standard has been in the tub, plumbing, and bathroom sector since 1929. I guess you can say they’ve been a fixture in the bathroom industry for a long time.
A GREAT INVESTMENT
I bought this tub for my elderly mother. She was unable to take a proper bath in a regular tub. The installer had to go through the wall to install this tub. The hallway is too narrow. I didn’t want anything smaller because my mom is a plus-size lady. After her first bath, she was praising everyone involved. She loves the tub and didn’t know what she was missing.
After thinking about it, it would be cheaper to give a senior a walk-in tub, than to repair broken bones due to a slip in the tub. A tub= $2k -$3k, trip to hospital= $25k – $30k for broken bones and suffering.
18 people found this helpful
Pros and Cons of the American Standard Walk In Tub
Here are some pros and cons for this American Standard Walk In Tub.
Great walk in feature
You can take a regular bath without climbing over a tub wall
Whirlpool and heater give a soothing and therapeutic soak
Although the price sits around $4k, considering all you get – I think it is a reasonable price. Remember, you can have monthly payments if you wish
Check installation before purchase to assure no unexpected costs.
The premium item for elderly
Some have mentioned that it may be too expensive for anyone who is on a fixed income.
Conclusion / Final Verdict
My Overall Thoughts On The American Standard Whirlpool
After looking at this closely and weighing the pros and cons, this is a good product for people who cannot take a proper bath in a regular tub. This is a Godsend.
Let’s keep our loved ones and those under our care as safe and informed as possible from falling, so I recommend the American Standard whirlpool.