Is First Alert Standard Home Fire Extinguisher Any Good? In This First Alert Standard Home Fire Extinguisher Review, I Reveal the Pros and Cons of this product.
Fires Can Kill Or Damage A House Or A Life.
Fire Extinguishers Are Needed To Protect Seniors.
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), someone in the United States dies in a house fire every three hours, averaging approximately 3,000 deaths each year. Arm yourself with the right equipment to help prevent a small, self-contained fire from spreading out of control.
Where to Place Your Fire Extinguishers
- Living area – For your main home protection, install a living area unit on every level of your home, no more than 40 feet apart.
- Garage/Workshop – Due to the volumes of flammable liquids in the garage, you should install a higher-rated unit such as the 3-A:40B-C Garage/Workshop unit.
Our Recommendation: First Alert Standard Home Fire Extinguisher Features
First Alert 1038789 Standard Home Fire Extinguisher,
- First alert’s home1 fire extinguisher is UL rated 1 A: 10 B: C; it features durable all-metal construction with a commercial-grade metal valve and trigger.
- Multipurpose fire extinguisher fights wood, paper, trash, plastics, gasoline, oil, and electrical equipment fires.
- Use mono ammonium phosphate extinguishing agent; Rechargeable by certified professionals after use.
- Metal pull pin with a safety seal to help prevent accidental discharge and tampering; Corrosion-resistant, easy-to-read, color-coded metal gauge; Waterproof label with easy instructions.
- U.S. coast guard approved for marine use.
- First Alert has been the most trusted brand in home safety since launching the first residential smoke alarm in 1958 (Based on a First Alert brand trust survey in February 2018)
About The First Alert:
First Alert is your leading brand in providing you that much-needed reassurance when it comes to protecting your home, your place of business, and most importantly you and your loved ones.
The official online store for First Alert products features an extensive catalog of home safety devices such as smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, fire extinguishers, safes, security cameras, and much more! Redefining your online shopping experience,
FirstAlertStore.com is your premier source for purchasing high-end yet affordable home safety and security products through a highly convenient and secure online channel. Our extensive collection of products and mission to provide exceptional customer service solidifies our promise to help you protect what matters most!
How to Use a Fire Extinguisher
When operating a fire extinguisher, remember the word PASS:
- Pull the pin. Hold the extinguisher with the nozzle pointing away from you and release the locking mechanism.
- Aim low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly.
- Sweep the nozzle from side to side.
For more tips on using your fire extinguisher, check out this video from the Fire Extinguisher Manufacturer’s Association.
My First Impression Of The First Alert Fire Extinguisher
- This fire extinguisher made a good first impression.
- I liked its weight. Easy enough to carry.
- It can fit in many locations.
- It is very easy to operate.
- It did feel some peace of mind if anything happened.
- It can work well on a kitchen fire.
Pros of The First Alert Fire Extinguisher
- Very Easy To Operate
- Worked Well On A Kitchen Fire
- Recommended By Consumer Reports
- Gives Peace Of Mind
- Small Enough For A Senior To Handle
Cons of The First Alert Fire Extinguisher
- Some Said It Arrived Uncharged
- Some Said It Arrived Defective
- Some Said Not Eligible For A Return
Reviews From Customers
What I Needed
Reviewed in the United States on October 29, 2022
This is a great size to store in small places and it came fast and with instruction that I understand. Every home needs one.
ARRIVED IN EXCELLENT CONDITION
Reviewed in the United States on October 3, 2022
Arrived promptly via UPS delivery, fully charged, and ready for use. Installation was quick & simple, only involving attaching the bracket that holds the extinguisher to a sturdy surface via a few screws. Although I was initially hesitant after reading about the negative experiences of others, specifically extinguishers not arriving fully charged, I am very pleased with our experience and have decided to order another.
4 people found this helpful
FAQs About First Alert Standard Home Fire Extinguisher
Question: What does ” rechargeable” mean? Where can I recharge it?
Answer: This fire extinguisher is rechargeable. Meaning that if you shoot it off it can be refilled by a qualified service company.
Question: Does this expire?
Answer: There is no expiration day, only production day. If it is for personal use there are no monthly or yearly inspections needed, it will be in your possession at all times so you’ll know when it is corroded or banged up beyond repair or when it loses pressure, or when it needs refilling because of use. Every 6 years it is needed.
Question: Do these have a “shelf life”?
Answer: These fire extinguishers are good for 10 years past the UL date located on the extinguisher. This should be serviced or recharged once a year.
Conclusions About First Alert Standard Home Fire Extinguisher
The outcome is simple. This product can save you and your family’s life and stop any damage to your home. which is well worth its value. If you stick with this there is very little risk of being dissatisfied. Let’s keep ourselves as safe as possible I recommend the First Alert Fire Extinguisher.