Looking for Best Bed Safety Rails For Seniors? Here are The 3 Best Bed Safety Rails This Review Reveals the Favorite and The Most Economical.
Children, disabled individuals, or seniors are at risk of falling out of bed – bed rails can provide a safety barrier to prevent dangerous falls during the night.
Individuals with physical disabilities or limited strength may often require assistance getting in and out of bed.
A bed rail is also useful for those with limited mobility who need something to hold onto while re-positioning in bed. Whether the user finds it difficult to lie down, sit up or turn over, bed rails are a safe and secure way to make it easier to do so without help.
Falling Out of Bed Is A Serious Problem:
The Best Bed Rails For Seniors
If you’re in a hurry, here are links to our favorite Bed Safety Rail. We go into more detail about why we like them later on in this article.
Best Bed Rails At A Glance
|Step2Bed Rails||Carex Health|
|Weight Capacity||300 Lbs.||400 lbs.||300 lbs.|
|Check Current Price||Current Price||Current Price||Current Price|
Our Favorite Bed Rail Reviews
Another benefit provided by bed rails is the feeling of security and comfort. These bed rails become like a wall it offers by acting as a “wall” of sorts. This can be very important for seniors, disabled individuals, and children – as well as their families, who can sleep better at night knowing that their loved ones are safe and secure.
Another side benefit of bed rails is that it provides users with easy access to controls as well as personal items. This is especially true when the bed rail is equipped with an organizing pouch, which many of them do.
#1. Stander EZ Adjust Bed Rail, Adjustable
Stander EZ Specifications
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs.|
|Price||$$$( Check Latest Pricing)|
Stander EZ Adjust Bed Rail, Adjustable
- PREVENT FALLS: The adjustable length helps to keep you or your loved one safe from rolling out of bed during the night;
- SAFELY SUPPORTS Up to 300 pounds
- THE GRAB BAR helps to get in and out of bed when used as an assist rail, preventing falls
- EASILY FOLDS UP release the 2 round knobs from their locked position to collapse the rail; use most mattresses that measure between 12 to 18 inches thick
- NOT INTENDED FOR adjustable beds;
- IS REVERSIBLE the rail can be installed on either side of your bed with the included dual safety strap
- ORGANIZER PUNCH: Attaches to the frame
- HIGH QUALITY:
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE:
Pros For Stander EZ Adjust Bed Rail, Adjustable
- The perfect rail that offers assistance in getting up from a lying position and prevents falls from bed
- Security and Peace of Mind
- Easy to install
Cons For Stander EZ Adjust Bed Rail, Adjustable
- Some Said It Is Difficult To Return
- Some Said It Doesn’t Work For Adjustable Beds
#2. Step2Bed Bed Rails
Step2Bed Bed Rails Specifications
|Weight Capacity||400 lbs.|
|Price||$ ( Check Latest Pricing)|
- FALL PREVENTION you can not fall out of the bed
- MOBILITY INDEPENDENCE; the easy-grab handles for extra safety and support.
- VERSATILE HEIGHT ADJUSTMENTS
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT BED STEPS.
- EASY STEPS – NON-SLIP, EXTRA WIDE STEP STOOL
- SUPPORTS UP TO 400lbs
- EXTRA SAFE – Motion Activated LED Light Guided Step Stool makes it Easy To Get In & Out Of Bed when dark and comes with floor illumination.
- 30 DAYCARE GUARANTEE –
Cons For Step2Bed Bed Rails
- Some Said Hard To Assemble.
- Some Said They Had Difficulties With The Motion Detector,
- Some Said It Was Too Bulky.
#3. Carex Health Bed Rails
Carex Health Bed Rails Specifications
|Weight Capacity||300 libs.|
|Price||$$$ ( Check Latest Pricing)|
Carex Health Bed Rail
- PREVENTS FALLING:
- FITS ANY STANDARD BED fits any standard-sized bed. Perfect for seniors, elderly, disabled, or handicap that has trouble getting in and out of bed or staying in bed.
- A SINGLE STEP RELEASE allows caregivers to easily lower and raises the rails.
- BED RAILS DO TWO THINGS to prevent falling out of bed and as a handrail for getting into bed.
- NO TOOLS NEEDED TO INSTALL.
- MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED WEIGHT is 300 pounds.
- ADJUSTABLE the Bed rails can be installed on the left or right side of the bed
- BED RAILS ARE SAFE and come with a safety strap to hold the bed rails in place.
Pros For The Carex Health Bed Rails
- Very stable
- Easy to use.
- Easy To Install.
- Very Safe
- Good Value
Cons For The Carex Health Bed Rails
- Some Said It Is Confsuing To Assemble.
- Some Said No Option To Return
- Some Said It Is Hard To Drop The Rails.
To conclude, we’d recommend checking out the Stander EZ as we think this has some of the best features compared to the others. It is not as pricy as some of the others. Stander EZ is generally one of the most reliable bed rails in terms of quality and durability so we don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Step2Bed Bed Rails is a close runner up with less quality.
If you are on a budget we suggest the Carex Rail which is the least expensive.
So we hope that helps to narrow down some of the best bed rails available. We’ll continue to monitor any new units that come out and add to this post if we see any that look promising.
Let us know which one you go for!