Looking for Best Diabetic Shoes For Seniors? Here are The 3 Best Diabetic Shoes for seniors in 2020 This Review Reveals the Favorite and The Most Economical Diabetic Shoes.
Taking care of your body, especially the feet is crucial to maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle with diabetes. The good news is that most diabetic foot problems can be prevented by implementing a few simple changes in your day to day lives.
If you are a diabetic, it is recommended you only wear diabetic shoes as they are designed with special features that help comfort and protect the diabetic foot. Click here for a list of important features you should look for when shopping for the best diabetic footwear.
In this post, we’ve put together a list of what we think are the best diabetic shoes for Seniors in 2020.
Diabetes Is A Serious Problem:
Your shoes should eliminate any kind of infection or abrasion helping the Diabetic.
The Best Diabetic Shoes For Seniors
If you’re in a hurry, here are links to our favorite Diabetic Shoe For Senior We go into more detail about why we like them later on in this article.
Best Diabetic Shoes For Senior At A Glance
|Price Range||$124.95||$143.00 – $189.90||$39/90 – $59.90|
|Orthotic Inner Soles||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wide Toe Box||Yes||Yes||No|
|Check Current Price||Current Price||Current Price||Current Price|
Our Favorite Diabetic Shoe For Senior Reviews
Here are our reviews of the best Diabetic shoes for men in 2020 to help you choose the right one for your needs. Click here for a list of important features you should look for when shopping for the best diabetic footwear
|Non-binding uppers with stretch||Yes|
|Price||$$$( Check Latest Pricing)|
- Seamless Interior: walking shoes for diabetics should be made with soft, protective linings that don’t have any protruding stitching, as protrusions can cause irritation and lead to foot health issues like ulcers or sores.
- Padded Interior: soft foam padding inside the shoes will act as a buffer between the foot and the harmful exterior. The foot will be protected in case it is struck and fit comfortably without any pressure.
- Non-Binding, Stretchable Uppers: the best walking shoes for diabetic foot pain need uppers constructed of a soft, stretchable material that will move with the foot and help eliminate pressure. This will also accommodate swollen diabetic feet throughout the day. Avoid shoes that have constricting overlays across the foot as they add pressure & create potential friction.
- Extra-Depth: footwear for diabetics should have added depth inside the shoe to allow for proper movement of the foot while creating a pressure-free environment. Diabetic sneakers with extra depth also accommodate diabetic insoles or custom orthotics comfortably.
- High, Wide Toe Box: toe boxes should be deep, offering more room inside the shoe and alleviating pressure or friction in the toe area.
- Multiple Widths: since creating a non-constrictive environment is especially important, diabetics often need to wear wider shoes. Multiple widths allow for customized fit and protection.
- Ergonomic Soles: should feature a lightweight sole that improves mobility and function.
- Adjustability features: the more adjustability features the shoe has, the better it will fit the diabetic foot. Good shoes will include straps in several places or laces that will allow you to customize the fit to your particular needs.
Pros For Orthofeet Shoes
- Eliminates Pain In A Short Time
- Comfortable Without Looking Ugly
- Strong Support
Cons For The Orthfeet Shoes
- Some Said It Did Not Last Long
- Some Said It Was Hard And Uncomfortable
- Some Said They Were Disappointed With The Support
#2. Gravity Defyer
Gravity Defyer Specifications
|Non-binding uppers with stretch||Yes|
|Price||$$$ ( Check Latest Pricing)|
Gravity Defyer Shoes
- VersoShock Technology– Patented Spring System Absorbs Shock From the Ground up Converting it into Renewed Positive Energy.
- Seamless interior for sensitive feet and diabetic neuropathy to prevent irritation.
- Removable insoles to accommodate custom orthotic support.
- Front rocker sole with a supported midfoot to prevent and relieve plantar fasciitis.
- Extra-depth and roomy toe box for bunions, diabetes, or just a little extra wiggle room, accommodates removable insoles.
Pros For The Gravity Defyer Shoes
- Extremely Light.
- Lots of Support.
- Enhances Posture.
- Great Quality.
- Good Plantar Fasciitis Solution.
Cons For The Gravity Defyer Shoes
- Some Said Bad On Concete Floors.
- Some Said They Don’t Last Long.
- Some Said Too Narrow In The Toe Area.
|Non-binding uppers with stretch||Yes|
|Price||$ ( Check Latest Pricing)|
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMFORTABLE – These diabetic velcro shoes are light enough and sturdy enough. The upperparts are made from a breathable material, perfect for All Seasons and outdoor activities. Stretch mesh upper expand with your foot when you walk. More comfortable closely fit to help you reduce irritation.
- EASY TO PUT ON & OFF – Forefoot straps are highly adjustable thanks to velcro closures, the range of adjustment is ideal for changes in the degree of swelling. Wearing the extra width and depth shoes can help alleviate pressure on swollen feet, bunions, edema, diabetes, or hammertoes.
- ULTIMATE COMFORT FEELING – A visible air cushion design to absorb shock, to provide a forgiving, easeful feeling in every foot strike. The removable insole is cushioned for extra comfort and can accommodate custom orthotics or diabetic insoles. The lightweight and sturdy sole provide grip for both indoor and outdoor wear.
Pros For Orthoshoes Shoes
- Very Comfortable.
- Fits a EE well.
- Practical and Stylish.
- Great For Swollen Feet.
Cons For Orthoshoes Shoes
- Some Said They Are too small and Narrow.
- Some Said You Can’t Return
- Some Said You Have To Pay Shipping Cost to China to Return.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of shoes is best for diabetic residents to wear?
Diabetic footwear should provide support, and cushioning, and accommodate special insoles or orthotics if needed. Key features often include:
Non-binding uppers that reduce pressure on the feet.
A deep and wide toe box to prevent rubbing.
Cushioned insoles for comfort and shock absorption.
Breathable materials to keep feet dry.
Seamless interiors to minimize irritation.
Firm heel counters for stability. Some individuals may also need custom-molded shoes designed specifically for their feet. Your healthcare provider can provide specific recommendations.
Do diabetic shoes really work?
Diabetic shoes can be very effective in preventing complications associated with diabetes, such as foot ulcers and calluses. By providing support and reducing pressure on sensitive areas of the foot, they can help in maintaining foot health. However, wearing appropriate shoes alone may not be sufficient; ongoing foot care and regular check-ups with healthcare providers are crucial.
Are Hoka shoes good for diabetic feet?
Hoka is known for producing running shoes with extra cushioning, which can be beneficial for some people with diabetes. They may provide the support and cushioning required to minimize pressure on the feet. However, not all Hoka models may be suitable, and individual preferences and needs vary. A healthcare provider or foot care specialist who knows the specific needs of the person with diabetes can provide the best advice.
How do diabetics get free shoes?
In some countries, there may be programs and insurance benefits that provide free or discounted diabetic shoes to those who qualify. In the United States, for example, Medicare Part B may cover the cost of therapeutic shoes and inserts for some people with diabetes if they meet specific criteria. Working closely with healthcare providers, podiatrists, and suppliers who specialize in diabetic footwear can help in understanding what is available and how to qualify.
Always consult with healthcare professionals to get personalized recommendations, as they are most aware of the individual’s medical history, needs, and preferences.
To conclude, we’d recommend checking out the Orthofeet as we think this has some of the best features compared to the others. It is not as pricy as some of the others. Orthofeet is generally one of the most reliable Diabetic Shoes For Men in terms of quality and durability so we don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Gravity Defyer is a close runner up with less variety.
If you are on a budget we suggest the Orthoshoes which is the least expensive.
So we hope that helps to narrow down some of the best diabetic shoes for men available. We’ll continue to monitor any new units that come out and add to this post if we see any that look promising.
Let us know which one you go for!