Looking for Best Gait Belts For Seniors? Here are The 3 Best Gait Belts For Seniors. This Review Reveals the Favorite and Most Economical for this product.
A gait belt is a device put on a patient who has mobility issues, by a caregiver prior to that caregiver moving the patient. Patients may have problems with balance and a gait belt may be used to aid in the safe movement of a patient, from a standing position to a wheelchair, for example.
With multiple handles, two people can assist and transferring a person.
Gait Belts Can Save A Senior’s Life
The Best Gait Belts For Seniors
If you’re in a hurry, here are links to our favorite Gait Belts For Seniors. We go into more detail about why we like them later on in this article.
Best Gait Belts For Seniors At A Glance
|1||Dr. Moe’s Solutions|
|2||Vive Transfer Belt|
|3||Secure SGBM-60S Patient|
Walking Gait Belt
Our Favorite Best Gait Belts For Seniors Reviews
#1. Dr. Moe’s Solutions Gait Belt
Dr. Moe’s Solutions Gait Belt Specifications
|# Of Handles||4|
|Waist Size (Inches)||50|
|Price||$( Check Latest Pricing)|
Dr. Moe’s Solutions Gait Belt
- REDESIGNED BY A PHYSICAL THERAPIST – Trust Your Healthcare Needs to a licensed Medical Professional. The gait belt was designed for the safety of both the patient and caregiver.
- SURE-GRIP RUBBERIZED HANDLES – Handles are placed strategically to give the caregiver maximum leverage and control over the patient – others are not built with that attention to detail. Handles are wipeable to ensure sanitary conditions making this product perfect for home, hospital, or nursing home use.
- QUICK RELEASE BUCKLE – Transfer Belt features a quick-release buckle that can quickly be secured and removed from the patient. A must in busy healthcare settings.
- MADE OF DURABLE MATERIALS – Gait belt made of extra premium nylon webbing with reinforced stitching that guarantees a product that will hold up to the rigors of patient care.
Pros For Dr. Moe’s Solutions Gait Belt
- High Quality
- Very Light Weight
- Ease To Use
- The Handles Make The Difference
Cons For Dr. Moe’s Solutions Gait Belt
- Some Said It Was Uncomfortable
- Some Said The Buckle Gave Out
- Some Said RIpped Too Soon
#2. Vive Transfer Belt with Handles
Vive Transfer Belt with Handles Specifications
|# Of Handles||6|
|Waist Size (Inches)||51|
|Price||$ ( Check Latest Pricing)|
Vive Transfer Belt with Handles
- EASILY MOVE AND TRANSFER: Safely and effectively assist patients or loved ones. Handles allow for an assistant at any angle for physical therapy, ambulation, or transfers, reducing the risk of caregiver injury. Prevent falls and other embarrassing situations safely and put an end to grabbing loved ones painfully by the arm, or by the seat of the pants.
- SIX COMFORTABLY PADDED HANDLES: Four vertical handles and two horizontal handles allow caregivers to provide assistance from any side and any angle. Each handle is padded for a comfortable, yet secure grip.
- QUICKLY ADJUST AND REMOVE: Transfer belt is adjustable to accommodate waists up to 51”. The durable metal buckle features locking teeth to secure the belt in the desired position and a quick-release latch making removing the belt fast and easy.
- EXCEPTIONALLY STRONG AND EXTRA WIDE: Constructed with strong nylon webbing, the belt stitching is reinforced for exceptional durability. The transfer gait belt back is four inches wide to provide a comfortable experience with a greater area of contact to easily disperse pressure. The extra width also enables the belt to handle a higher weight load and not ride upon the patient’s sides.
Pros For Vive Transfer Belt with Handles
- Very Well Made
- A Great Value At The Price
- It Has Smaller Waist Sizes Which Is Rare.
- The Loops Make It Easier For Two People Two Transfer A Person.
Cons For Vive Transfer Belt with Handles
- Some Said It Does Not Work All The Time
- Some Said The Belt Loosens Up
- Some Said The Belt Did Not Last Very Long
#3. Secure SGBM-60S Patient Transfer and Walking Gait Belt
Secure SGBM-60S Patient Transfer and Walking Gait Belt Specifications
|# Of Handles||0|
|Waist Size (Inches)||60|
|Price||$ ( Check Latest Pricing)|
Secure SGBM-60S Patient Transfer and Walking Gait Belt
- Secure by Personal Safety Corporation 60 inch by 2-inch gait belt designed to aid in walking or transferring fall risk patients, residents and loved ones – Also helps prevent caregiver injury.
- Adjustable up to 60″ length and features a handy loop to hold excess belt length.
- High tensile metal buckle provides a secure closure and allows for the caregiver to quickly put on and remove the belt from the patient or loved one.
- 100% Cotton webbing construction is durable and comfortable for everyday use.
- Machine wash and dry at the high-temperature setting for infection control purposes – Weight capacity: 350 lbs.
Pros For Secure SGBM-60S Patient Transfer and Walking Gait Belt
- High-Quality Belt
- Worth It Value And At A Low Price
- It Is Sturdy
- Creates Safety
Cons For Secure SGBM-60S Patient Transfer and Walking Gait Belt
- Some Said It Did Not Work.
- Some Said It Needs A Click Lock
- Some Said It Was Not Secure Enough
To conclude, we’d recommend checking out Dr. Moe’s Solutions Gait Belt as we think this has some of the best features compared to the others. It gives the senior the best value. It is a little pricier than some of the others. Dr. Moe’s Solutions Gait Belt is generally one of the most reliable gait belts in terms of quality and durability so we don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Vive Transfer Belt with Handles is a close runner-up.
If you are on a budget we suggest the Secure SGBM-60S Patient Transfer and Walking Gait Belt which is the least expensive.
So we hope that helps to narrow down some of the best gait belts available. We’ll continue to monitor any new units that come out and add to this post if we see any that look promising.
Let us know which one you go for!