Is Mighty Health App Any Good? In This Mighty Health App Review, I Reveal the Pros and Cons of this app.
Did you know that fewer than a quarter of American adults meet U.S. guidelines for physical activity (CDC).
Did you know that nearly half of American adults will experience a mental illness during their lifetime? (National Council for Behavioral Health )
Did you know that approximately 90 percent of people who suffer an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest die? ( American Heart Association)
Imagine if there was a simple app for a fraction of the cost to handle most of these problems.
You don’t have to imagine it, it is created. It’s called Mighty Health.
Read below to know more.
What is a Mighty Health Product?
Mighty Health is an online healthy lifestyle app and program that offers you a virtual personal training and nutrition coach, every single day. It was designed specifically for women and men over 50 and is backed by top doctors and professional fitness trainers.
Co-Founder and CEO James Li started Mighty Health when his dad had to go through emergency heart surgery and struggled to get his health back on track. He realized that many of the healthy lifestyle apps and programs were geared to the under-50 generations, and decided to do something about it. And that is how Mighty Health was “born”.
Certified trainers conduct these workouts, and typically there are anywhere from five to twelve sessions in a track. Here is a list of what is currently available
- Low impact: this was a great workout and I would recommend it for anyone who is just getting into regular exercise.
- HIIT: High-Intensity Interval Training
- Cardio blast: this is a wonderful series for anyone who is just getting into the habit of regular cardio exercise.
- Indoor cardio at home: this will get your heart pumping, with some of the exercises being quite challenging. I made accommodations when needed
- Stretches and strengthening for shoulders, back, joints
- Belly blaster: if you’re serious about belly fat this will give it a workout!
- Upper body and core:
- Full body breakthrough: a full body workout with the mature adult in mind. The instructor is very helpful with instruction and the exercises can be modified if needed
- Total body chair: yes, you do this workout sitting in a chair. And yes, you really do get in a workout!
- Lower body core:
- Weight training: this is an advanced track, and I have to admit that I can’t do it all, but it’s a great workout, and using lighter weights is a key element
- Yoga for strength: if you’re familiar with yoga, these intermediate tracks might be a great choice
These are samples of the nutritional blogs you can read and learn from Mighty Health’s Website
- Tips and Tricks on How To Meal Prep With A Busy Schedule
- Is The Keto Diet Good for Older Adults?
- The Truth About Low-Fat Product
- How To Keep Your Gut Healthy As You Age
- Dispelling Healthy Food Myths
- Healthy Middle of the Night Snacks to Combat Cravings
- Why Losing Weight After 50 Is Different
- Diet vs Exercise: Which One Helps Older Adults Lose Weight More?
- Low-Carb vs. Keto: What’s the Difference for Older Adults
- 7 Simple Heart Healthy Recipes That Actually Taste Good
Mental Health Blogs
These are samples of the mental health blogs you can read and learn from Mighty Health’s Website
- What Is Mindfulness and Where Do I Start?
- Tips for Adult Children Caring for Aging Parents
- 6 Proven Ways to Keep your Brain and Memory Sharp
These are a few blogs by Doctors you can read and learn from Mighty Health’s Website
- How To Interpret Blood Work Results With Dr. Eric Debunks
- A Doctor Breaks Down Advanced Care Planning — Dr. Eric Debunks
- Should you try the keto diet for weight loss? — Dr. Eric Debunks
These are samples of the health blogs you can read and learn from Mighty Health’s Website
- Guide To Calcium Intake After 50: What You Should Know
- Do Low-Impact Workouts Actually Get You In Shape?
- Obesity And Heart Disease: The Heart Of The Matter
- How To Decrease Knee Pain As You Age
- What Are The Benefits Of Vitamin D?
- 5 Safe and Effective Low Impact Exercises for Seniors
- How To Actually Stick To Your New Year’s Resolutions This Year
- How To Keep Your Gut Healthy As You Age
Mighty Health is an app focused on seniors and older adults, offering workouts, diet plans, personal coaching, and a supportive community.
It is the first exercise and fitness app to position itself exclusively for the over 50’s market
Who is The Mighty Health Application For?
Founded in 2018, the app has benefited from the recent trend towards at-home fitness and well-being. As more and more people look to exercise and work out in the comfort of their own homes, Mighty Health is perfectly positioned to support those over 50s who are looking for associated on-demand workouts and exercises.
. Although some workout apps include a handful of “low impact exercises”, no app has yet established itself as the number 1 resource for all things fitness over 50.
Mighty Health offers a practical solution for older adults who feel excluded from more generic workout apps and that have had issues with more high-intensity style fitness routines.
It’s not to say all over 50’s want low-impact exercises… but the truth is, as we age, many of us do need to adjust the way we keep fit.
How Does It Work?
Every day, you log in and are met by 3-5 tasks, helping to support a healthier life. These tasks can be seen as “healthy habits” and include workouts, nutritional plans, and engaging content.
For added motivation, you have access to a community chat group, as well as 24/7 messaging with your dedicated coach. Your coach can help provide more tailored and specific support.
My First Impression Of The Mighty Health App
- Mighty Health makes a good first impression.
- I was shocked by the quality and quantity of the information. It exceeded my expectations.
- Unlimited access to their library of low-impact workouts, from Chair Yoga to Knee Strengthening and Low-Impact Aerobics
- I liked the simple, personal nutrition plan including a grocery list and personal feedback on what you’re eating
- Lessons written by top doctors on healthy aging, from improving sleep to decreasing stress and understanding menopause are valuable.
- This is one of the best features of this product. Guidance and expertise from your very own personal health coach, especially when times get tough and you fall off track
- This helps with keeping your motivation going. Special access to our monthly challenges and live events, including Q&As with doctors, group meditations, cooking classes, and more
- This also helps with motivation. Support and love from a community of other members on a similar journey as you.
How Much Does Mighty Health App Cost?
$29.00/month or $179.99/year
There is a 7-Day Free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee
Pros of The Mighty Health App
- You have a coach helping daily which is a great feature helping with accountability.
- Low-impact exercises that you can control on your end.
- Great information from doctors and health care professionals.
- A support group of members that is accessed directly through the app so it is private. There is a moderator assigned to the group also.
- A private Facebook group for members.
Cons of The Mighty Health App
- At this time it only works on smartphones and tablets. Desktops targeted for the future.
- If you are using your phone to count steps it is difficult to do both or lose those steps
Reviews From Customers
THIS PRODUCT IS WONDERFUL
Reviewed in the United States on November 13, 2021
The app is wonderful! I’ve just now had a technical problem after using it for a month or so. It registered almost 1,000 steps too many. No correction yet but I’m confident there will be. The food log could be more detailed so I could look back and see more specific detail like amounts & calories. Would also be awesome if we could enter info on how we are feeling emotionally & physically each day. That way we could see any correlation between that and the type and amount of food we eat.
29 people found this review helpful
SURPRISED TO EVEN SEE RECIPES
Reviewed in the United States on August 21, 2021
I’ve been using this app for almost 2 weeks and I love it. Tracking food is easy and the feedback I get after tracking is helpful. My coach, Margo, always responds when I have a question and when I expressed concern about a food choice I made she came up with alternatives and even directed me to a site that had recipes. The exercises are terrific and are geared to those of us who are a bit out of shape or somewhat older. I was actually surprised to see that there are even recipes on site.
94 people found this review helpful
FAQs About Mighty Health App
How Can Mighty Health Help Me?
Mighty Health is an exercise, nutrition, and holistic wellness program designed specifically for your age. Whether you’re looking to lose weight, prepare for or rehab for surgery, become stronger and more mobile, or generally live the mightiest years of your life, we’ll help you get there. You’ll receive:
- Unlimited access to our library of low-impact workouts, from Chair Yoga to Knee Strengthening and Low-Impact Aerobics
- A simple, personal nutrition plan including a grocery list and personal feedback on what you’re eating
- Lessons are written by top doctors on healthy aging, from improving sleep to decreasing stress and understanding menopause
- Guidance and expertise from your very own personal health coach, especially when times get tough and you fall off track
- Special access to our monthly challenges and live events, including Q&As with doctors, group meditations, cooking classes, and more
- Support and love from a community of other members on a similar journey as you
How Does Mighty Health Work? What Is A Mighty Day?
Each day, when you open the Mighty Health app, you’ll see a short list of tasks designed to help you achieve your health goals. Usually, there will be a mix of exercise, eating well, and learning about your health.
On your very first day, simply tap the first task named “Welcome to Mighty Health” to get started!
A Mighty Day is a healthy, balanced day where you’ve completed all of your tasks. Each time you finish one of your tasks, the Mighty Day circle will fill up just a bit more — and when you complete your circle for the day, we’ll throw a little confetti ceremony in your honor and celebrate another successful day toward your health goals!
Your goal is to make every day a Mighty Day! Contact your coach if you have any questions.
What If I Miss A Workout Or Lesson?
Consistency is key, but we understand sometimes life gets in the way! If you miss a workout or lesson, it will automatically be rescheduled to the next available day in your program. For example, if your workout days are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, a missed workout on Monday will automatically be rescheduled to Wednesday
This Workout Is Too Hard/Easy – Can I Change It?
Yes! You can change your workout track anytime by going to the Explore tab.
To remove your current workout Track, go to Explore, tap “See your current tracks,” tap the track you want to remove and select Remove.
Then, feel free to discover and try different types of workouts! On the Explore tab, select Workouts and take a look around. Let your coach know if you have any questions or would like a suggestion!
What’s The Difference Between Mighty Health’s Nutrition Recommendations And Other “Diets”?
We strongly believe the best nutrition plan you can have is the one you’ll actually enjoy and stick with for years to come. We’ve seen countless examples of those who have tried “quick-fix” diets or weight loss programs for a couple of months, only to regain all of the weight (and more) soon afterward. A recent study from Stanford University showed that only 5% of people who previously lost weight on a program kept it off. Based on the latest research and recommendations from our physician advisors, we believe a low-carb diet provides the most long-term benefits while also being tasty, enjoyable, and sustainable. Your coach and the Mighty Health community will also help support you and keep you motivated for the long term.
Your health is too important to do it alone. Mighty Health has an expert team to help you every step of the way.
Most people know what to do, but few people do what they know. We need to consistently exercise, consistently eat right and we need a lot of constant motivation. Mighty Health helps us be consistent with exercise, and eating right, and motivates us to better health.
Sometimes we forget how much support we need to make big changes like a lifestyle change. Mighty Health provides a remarkable amount of support. There is coaching, a community, doctors, and an expert fitness team.
We also need the right tools for our age group. Mighty Health has over 100 low-impact exercises and chair exercises.
We also need strong motivation. Mighty Health provides access to a massive amount of knowledge on health, a community to motivate you, and an individual coach.
The outcome is simple. This application is well worth its value. Having your own coach is amazing and rare these days. If you stick with this there is very little risk of being dissatisfied. Let’s keep ourselves as healthy as possible I recommend the Mighty Health App. I am a member.