Is The Drive Medical Transfer Bench Any Good? In This Drive Medical Transfer Bench Review, I Reveal the Pros and Cons of the Drive Medical Transfer Bench.
If you have trouble getting in and out of the shower or bath, then you know the importance of a transfer bench for safety. In my Drive Medical Bench Review, I go through the pros and cons of this Drive Medical Transfer Bench and reveal if it is a sound and safe product
The New Secret Of Not Falling In The Bathroom – Even Better Than A Caregiver. As a senior bathroom aid product, the Drive Medical transfer bench is a product we needed for safety in our bathrooms. Independence is only a bench away. Learn more below.
What Is the Plastic Transfer Bench by Drive Medical?
- Premium Bath Transfer Bench: This transfer bath bench is ideal for adults who need extra support getting in and out of the bathtub or shower. The bath chair is reversible with height-adjustable legs to fit most bathtubs and features tool-free assembly for the back, legs, and arms. The transfer bench constructed of durable blown plastic and designed to withstand daily use.
- Reversible Transfer Bench A sturdy A-frame design ensures this transfer bench provides maximum support while entering or exiting the bath and installed with arm handle on either side to accommodate any bathtub.
- Extra-Large Non-Slip Suction Cups: The transfer bench is secure in place on your bathroom and bathtub floors with extra-strong suction cups that ensure stability. The extension legs of the bath bench adjustable in 1/2″ increments for customized comfort.
- Easy Cleaning: The medical-grade, closed-cell molded polyurethane padding will not absorb any water and is easy to clean and disinfect.
- Color: Gray
- Quick Assembly: The transfer bench features a tool-free assembly of back, legs, and arms for seamless bath installation. The bath bench also has a pinch-free lever that allows the push pins to depress during adjustment with extra safety. Click to get all the company information on the return policy and warranties if your bathroom area is unique or just difficult.
- Independence: Seniors with limited mobility can use this product by themselves without any supervision. This can make them feel better and have more dignity.
- Safe & Secure: This shower bench for the elderly offers integrated safety features including, rust-resistant aluminum frame with blow-molded seat with backrest, hook and loop safety belt, nylon strap locks hold seat in place, suction cup rubber anti-slip feet, removable cut-out for easy perineal access, and handle for extra stability while showering.
- Weight: 12.6 pounds. Weight Capacity: It can hold up to 400 lbs.
- Return Policy and Warranty: Test the product dry to avoid difficulties returning the product. Click to get all the company information on return policy and warranties.
- Leg Extensions: Optional leg extension help fit the chair for your unique bathroom tub or shower height.
- Product Dimension: *** Seat height adjusts from 19 to 23 inches in ½ inch increments; seat size: 19 x 14 inches. Total dimensions: 39” x 18” x 37” (Measure your area to make sure it will fit)
Who The Plastic Transfer Bench by Drive Medical For?
It is essential for people with more limited, decreased, or painful mobility challenges. This product is also for people who cannot step into a tub and get out after a shower. Also, those who need a long-term solution and for someone who needs a reliable and sturdy chair to prevent them from having an accident in the bathroom could have serious consequences. This product can be for anyone who wants more safety in showering.
My First Impression of Plastic Transfer Bench by Drive Medical
I see this as a safe and economical product in the market. What impresses me the most is the sturdiness of the product. It is well built. I see many of the more inexpensive seats are flimsy and their reviews said that the last eight months to 2 years depending on usage.
For Plastic Transfer Bench by Drive Medical
Pros of The Plastic Transfer Bench by Drive Medical
1) Most reviews, 1768 out of 2032 stated that the product met their requirements and they are happy with the product.
2) It is sturdy. Elderly people cannot afford to get hurt in the bathroom.
3) Easy to install and use. It is a TOOL-FREE DESIGN: Assembles in minutes with detailed instructions in English. Free Standing bath bench shower chair design does not require any permanent mounting hardware.
Cons For The Plastic Transfer Bench by Drive Medical
1) 84 out of 2032 4.13% stated it did not work for them. There are several complaints that they could not fit the chair in the bathroom and recommend the manufacturer redo the chair. Well, the best we can do is to look at the dimensions of the chair before you purchase it. Click on specs. Specs. You can also call their customer service number Click to get all the company information on return policy and warranties and discuss the dimensions you need before you purchase.
2a) 43 out of 2032 2.12% stated it was unsafe. Some of these unsafe reviews were because of their tubs had a slope and the legs were not on even ground. This bench is made for bathtubs that have flat bottoms with short sides only. Any sloping or curved sided or deep bathtubs this item will not fit. The suction cups on the legs do not work on textured tubs. If your tub is not smooth at the bottom the suction cups will not work. Look at the other environmental considerations by clicking here.
2b) 43 out of 2032 2.12% stated that they could not return the product. People either bought this product without measuring their dimensions and expected to return it or no longer needed it. These reviews spanned 4 years. The manufacturer could have put a not returnable label upfront to avoid these reviews.
3) 23 out of 2032 1.13% stated that they received defective parts. Most of them got new parts from the manufacturer.
4) 21 out of 2032 1.03% stated it was hard to assemble.
This Product Gets The Green light – Minimal Cautions
There are no reviews stating there was any physical damage that occurred from the use of this product. There are more people liking and happy with the product than dissatisfied. Some bad reviews implied they continued with the product, so how bad could it be?
To play safe read the safety warnings by the manufacturer. Here are a few reasons for the unsafety:
- Take additional safety measures for people that are at high risk.
- Check the bench before each use.
- Lock everything before using it.
Here are the distributions of bad reviews. Look them over to see if any pertain to your situation.
|Hard to Assemble||21||1.03%|
|Too Long to Return||1||0.05%|
|Delivered Wrong Product||24||1.18%|
|Strong Negative Attitude||18||0.89%|
|Did Not Work||84||4.13%|
My Overall Thoughts On Plastic Transfer Bench by Drive Medical
After looking at hundreds of reviews and weighing the pros and cons, this is a safe chair on flat surfaces. Most of the complaints are of people not checking their dimensions before purchasing or misunderstanding, the product. Drive Medical should make it clear up front and in large print to assure they have the right product.
In Conclusion The Plastic Transfer Bench by Drive Medical
Let’s keep our loved ones and those under our care as safe as possible from falling, so
The Plastic Transfer Bench by Drive Medical.
For Plastic Transfer Bench by Drive Medical
If you want more general information on transfer benches click here
I commit to making this website better and better each day.
I would appreciate your frank comments -either good or bad.
I would like to remind you that I will do a review for a product of your choice.