Looking for Best Glucose Monitors For Seniors? Here are The 3 Best Glucose Monitors For Seniors This Review Reveals the Favorite and The Most Economical.
Many types of glucose tests exist and they can be used to estimate blood sugar levels at a given time or, over a longer period of time, to obtain average levels or to see how fast the body is able to normalize changed glucose levels. Eating food for example leads to elevated blood sugar levels. In healthy people, these levels quickly return to normal via increased cellular glucose uptake which is primarily mediated by an increase in blood insulin levels.
“Thousands Now Control Their Diabetes Who Never Thought They Could”
The Best Glucose Monitors For Seniors
If you’re in a hurry, here are links to our favorite Glucose Monitors For Seniors. We go into more detail about why we like them later on in this article.
Best Glucose Monitors For Seniors At A Glance
Ed’s #1 Choice
#1. Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit
Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count, and Carrying Case.
Pros Of Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit
- It Has A Very High Accuracy.
- It Is Very Easy To Use.
- It Is Economical.
- It Is At An Amazing Price.
- It is Compact And Travel Friendly.
Cons Of Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit
- Some Said It Is Inaccurate.
- Some Said It Has Poor Customer Service
- Some Said The Pen Broke Too Quickly.
#2. Metene Diabetes Testing Kit
Metene Diabetes Testing Kit
- Excellent Accuracy: Metene blood glucose meter is produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor; The strips are equipped with temperature-aware, secondary verification test, and hematocrit compensation technology to avoid interference from blood oxygen variations in the test
- Monitor in An All-round Way: 24-hour monitor your blood glucose anytime with modes of pre-meal, post-meal, any time of the day and you could set up to 4 reminder alarms throughout one day; 450 data storage, data export, and the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average testing results help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- User-Friendly Design: The lancing device has 5 adjustable depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain; The glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to read and the large display make it easy for elders; Portable and easy to carry
Pros Of Metene Diabetes Testing Kit
- It Is Highly Accurate.
- It Is Fast.
- It Is Reliable.
- It Is Affordable.
Cons Of Metene Diabetes Testing Kit
- Some Said It Read The Wrong Numbers.
- Some Said It Broke Too Easily.
- Some Said It Had Inconsistent Numbers.
#3. Prodigy Glucose Monitor Kit
Prodigy Glucose Monitor Kit
- Speaks in 4 languages: English, Spanish, French & Arabic
- Standard USB port to easily download test results
- Approved for Alternate Site Testing (AST)
- Stores 450 test results with date and time
- No Coding required
Pros Of Prodigy Glucose Monitor Kit
- It Is Highly Affordable.
- It Is Easy To Use.
- Some Liked The Talking Feature.
- It Is Highly Accurate.
Cons Of Prodigy Glucose Monitor Kit
- Some Said It Had Inconsistent Results.
- Some Said Batches Did Not Work.
- Some Said It Required Too Much Blood To Work.
Final Thoughts / Conclusion
To conclude, we’d recommend checking out the Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit as we think this has some of the best features compared to the others. It gives the senior the best value. It is a little pricier than some of the others. Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit is generally one of the most reliable diabetic testing kits in terms of quality and durability so we don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Metene Diabetes Testing Kit is a close runner up.
If you are on a budget we suggest the Prodigy Glucose Monitor Kit which is the least expensive.
So we hope that helps to narrow down some of the best diabetic testing kits available. We’ll continue to monitor any new units that come out and add to this post if we see any that look promising.
Let us know which one you go for!