Looking for Best Chest Freezers For Seniors? Here are The 3 Best Chest Freezers For Seniors. This Review Reveals the Favorite and The Most Economical.
Freezer units are used in households as well as in industry and commerce. Commercial refrigerator and freezer units were in use for almost 40 years prior to the common home models. The freezer-over-refrigerator style had been the basic style since the 1940s until modern, side-by-side refrigerators broke the trend. A vapor compression cycle is used in most household refrigerators, refrigerator-freezers, and freezers. Newer refrigerators may include automatic defrosting, chilled water, and ice from a dispenser in the door.
In this article, we’re reviewing the best-chest freezers in 2021.
Chest Freezers: Effective… Safe… Affordable…
The Best Chest Freezers For Seniors
If you’re in a hurry, here are links to our favorite Chest Freezers For Seniors. We go into more detail about why we like them later on in this article.
Best Chest Freezers For Seniors At A Glance
Single Door Chest Freezer
|Koolatron KTCF195 |
Compact Top-Opening Chest, Mini Freeze
|Arctic King |
|Capacity||3.5 Cubic Feet||7.0 Cubic Feet||5.0 Cubic Feet|
|Draining||External Plug||External Plug||External Plug|
|Accessories||Wire Basket||Wire Basket||Wire Basket|
|Check Current Price||Best Price||Best Price||Best Price|
Why You Should Get A Chest Freezer
Here Are The Benefits Of Having A Chest Freezer.
A freezer is one of the most useful and energy-efficient appliances available in the market today, and it can even save you money in the long run. Chest freezer allows you ample space to take advantage of storing seasonal berries and jams, freeze bulks of meat together with the daily consumable items, and make-ahead meals.
Chest freezers offer several benefits to the user regarding price, storage capacity, and energy. The chest freezer is the most economical freezer available in the market today. Certain chest freezers come with frost-free and auto defrost options. The ones with the manual defrost option take almost a day to accomplish the task.
These chest freezers come with built-in sidewall insulation to hold their cold temperatures well for a longer period and therefore use the least energy to function. Most importantly, if you are facing power outages or you are moving to another house, an unplugged chest freezer can keep the products cold for almost three days, as long as the lid is closed. The marketplace is filled with a wide selection of chest freezers. The reason for this kind of differentiation could be attributed to the energy effectiveness rating of such chest freezers together with thriving functional characteristics which make life less difficult for the buyers.
Ample Storage Space
No doubt, a chest freezer is hard to beat when it comes to the consumption of space as it can store an ample amount of food and other products. There are two types of commercial freezers with options to be found in each and every variety – chest freezers and upright freezers. Both versions have their very own merits and demerits and thus require a thorough judgment while choosing the best version of the freezer for the unit.
When it comes to the convenience of chest freezers, they are available with at least one wore-basket to organize the content correctly. With the help of cardboard boxes, you can separate out different types of food materials. Though, chest freezers require a lot of bending and moving frozen foods to get to the requested item. But you don’t need to worry at all! There are various
What To Look For When Buying A Chest Freezer
Is the size of your refrigerator’s freezer compartment less than satisfactory? Are you tired of repackaging the frozen veggies, popsicles, and Grandma’s lasagna over and over again to try to cram everything in? Maybe it’s time to consider investing in a stand-alone freezer.
Generally speaking, chest freezers are less expensive than uprights, but they need a wide space versus a tall space. Because of their width, they also have to be tilted to get through a doorway.l
They are more energy-efficient than uprights, and if you lose power a chest freezer will keep foods frozen longer if you keep the lid shut. Up to three days if you keep the lid tight.
It does not require a fan to circulate the cold air, which also makes them quieter.
Choosing the Right Size Freezer
Freezers are available in four basic sizes: compact (5 cubic feet), small (6 to 9 cubic feet), medium (12 to18 cubic feet), and large (18 to 25 cubic feet).
When shopping for a freezer, consider not only the capacity of the freezer but also the size of your family and how you eat. Do you typically buy a lot of frozen foods in bulk? Do you like to freeze your garden fruits and vegetables so you can enjoy them during the winter? Does anybody in the family hunt or fish?
Another issue to consider is your family’s fondness for frozen and/or prepared foods. If you have scant time to cook and can only grocery shop once a week, a freezer can handle the load. Or perhaps you like to take advantage of sales on meats so you can have them available whenever you want to throw something on the barbecue.
As a rule of thumb, the appliance industry recommends 1.5 cubic feet of freezer space for each family member with 1 cubic foot of freezer holding approximately 35 pounds of food.
They have a large capacity, but items on the bottom require removal of items on the top for access.
How Much Do Freezers Cost?
The average cost ranges from $150 to $700 for a chest freezer. Upright freezers cost from $150 to $700 for manual defrost and $300 to $800 for automatic defrost.
Many stores offer free delivery; make sure you ask before making your purchase. An extra fee might be charged to hook up an ice-maker feature (you’ll need a connection to a water source).
There are several features you might want to consider when shopping for a freezer, though they will all add to the cost:
- A temperature alarm system that sounds if the temperature inside rises to an unsafe level.
- Magnetic door gaskets that provide an airtight seal.
- A door closer feature that ensures the door or lid closes automatically.
- The Energy Star label (be aware that energy savings vary by model).
- An option that will keep the freezer operating efficiently in ambient temperatures between 32 and 100 degrees F.—most important if you plan to keep the freezer in a garage, basement, or other space with an unregulated temperature.
- Easy access controls in the interior so you don’t have to move items to check or change the temperature (or controls on the exterior so you don’t even need to open the freezer).
- Interior lighting plus an exterior power-on light that lets you know that the freezer is in working order without you having to open the door or lid to check the temperature.
- A child-lock device with a pop-out key that keeps the freezer door securely locked and ejects the key to prevent it being left in the lock.
- Length of warranty; most major manufacturers have a standard warranty of one year with an offer of two-year, three-year, and in some cases even four-year extended warranties.
Our Favorite Chest Freezers For Seniors Reviews
#1. Midea MRC04M3AWW Single Door Chest Freezer
Midea MRC04M3AWW Single Door Chest Freezer, Specifications
Single Door Chest Freezer
|Capacity||3.5 Cubic Feet|
|Check Current Price||Best Price|
Midea MRC04M3AWW Single Door Chest Freezer
- Mechanical Control with Adjustable Thermostat from -12 to -28 Degrees (Great for Storing Frozen Food, Ice Cream, Ice, etc).
- Contains 1 Hanging Wire Storage Basket.
- Hinge-Style Door Remains Open from 45 to 75 Degree Angles.
- Full 1-Year / Compressor 2-Year Warranty
Pros For Midea MRC04M3AWW Single Door Chest Freezer
- It Runs Silently, Which Is A joy.
- Great Value For The Price.
- Ii Stores A Lot Of Frozen Food.
- Excellent Refrigerator Backup.
- It Has A High Quality.
Cons For Midea MRC04M3AWW Single Door Chest Freezer
- Some Said It Was Damaged On Delivery.
- Some Said The Manufacturer Did Not Stand By The Defective Parts.
- Some Said It Did Not Last Very Long – Stopped Working.
#2. Koolatron KTCF195 Compact Top-Opening Chest, Mini Freeze
Koolatron KTCF195 Compact Top-Opening Chest, Mini Freeze Specifications
|Company||Koolatron KTCF195 |
Compact Top-Opening Chest, Mini Freeze
|Capacity||7.0 Cubic Feet|
|Check Current Price||Best Price|
Koolatron KTCF195 Compact Top-Opening Chest, Mini Freeze
- HUGE CAPACITY – This spacious 198 L/ 7.0 Cu. Ft. chest freezer with flip-up lid has room to store all of your favourite frozen foods and meats and the smooth back allow it to fit snugly against the wall to save space in your house, apartment or condo.
- EASY ORGANIZATION – Removable wire basket keeps small and commonly used items close at hand to help organize your contents efficiently.
- ENERGY-EFFICIENT COOLING – Freezer uses reliable and efficient compressor technology with CFC-free coolant to keep contents between 0°C and -24°C (32°F and -11.2°F).
- CUSTOMIZABLE TEMPERATURE – External thermostat lets you easily adjust your freezer temperature without opening the door.
- DEFROST DRAIN – External plug allows for easy draining when defrosting or cleaning the freezer.
Pros For Koolatron KTCF195 Compact Top-Opening Chest, Mini Freeze
- This Was An Easy Setup.
- It Is Very Affordable – A Good Price For The Value.
- It Can Hold A Lot Of Frozen Food.
- It Is A Very Poweeful Sauna.
Cons For Koolatron KTCF195 Compact Top-Opening Chest, Mini Freeze
- Some Said It Did Not Last A Long Time.
- Some Said It Arrived Damaged.
- Some Said It Never Got Cold Enough To Freeze.
#3. Arctic King Chest Freezer
Arctic King Chest Freezer Specifications
|Company||Arctic King |
|Capacity||5.0 Cubic Feet|
|Check Current Price||Best Price|
Artic King Chest Freezer
- Removable storage basket for the smaller items you use the most.
- Easy-access defrost drain and easy-clean interior and gasket make maintaining this unit an easy job.
- This higher-energy-efficiency model will use only an estimated 218 kWh a year.
- Double-layer packaging ensures safe delivery.
- 5.0 cu ft chest freezer has a 1-year warranty.
Pros For Arctic King Chest Freezer
- It Has A Small Size Which Fits Anywhere.
- It Was Easy To Setup.
- It Stays Cold.
Cons For Arctic King Chest Freezer
- Some Said It Did Not Work All The Time. Inconsistent Heating.
- Some Said It Was Damage On Delivery.
- Some Said It Does Not Freeze.
To conclude, we’d recommend checking out the Midea MRC04M3AWW Single Door Chest Freezer as we think this has some of the best features compared to the others. It gives the senior the best value. It is a little pricier than some of the others. Midea MRC04M3AWW Single Door Chest Freezer is generally one of the most reliable chest freezers in terms of quality and durability so we don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Koolatron KTCF195 Compact Top-Opening Chest, Mini Freeze is a close runner-up.
If you are on a budget we suggest the Arctic King Chest Freezer which is the least expensive.
So we hope that helps to narrow down some of the best chest freezers available. We’ll continue to monitor any new units that come out and add to this post if we see any that look promising.
Let us know which one you go for!
- SET OF 2 NEW AND IMPROVED REVOLUTIONARY EXTRA LARGE ICE COOLER BAGS – Whether you're picnicking or tailgating, keep your insulated cooler bag for travel freezer-cold for longer with the best ice packs for coolers. The high-quality Ice Lock XL ice pack for cooler is perfect for 40qt or larger insulated coolers. Unlike most freezer cold packs for coolers, our 2 reusable cooler ice packs also make excellent water storage containers and together, fit a jumbo-sized 10-lb bag of ice.
- MIND-BLOWING COOLING POWER. NO SOGGINESS! – Don’t let food turn into a squishy mess! Avoid cooler cleanup AND soggy sandwiches! Just fill the Ice Lock freezer packs for coolers with cube or block ice, slide to seal, and tuck them in large drink travel coolers, portable coolers, or day beach coolers. Count on this leak-proof ice bag for cooler with heavy-duty watertight seal bar to keep foods and drinks fresh, dry, and cold on the beach or in the fridge (super handy in case of power outage!).
- CLEVER WATER-SURVIVAL-BAG DESIGN WITH EASY-POUR WATER SPOUT – Don’t ever let melting ice go to waste! This pair of refillable cooler packs for ice chest turns it into life-saving survival/SOS emergency drinking water. 1 Ice Lock cold pack for coolers quenches your thirst with 1 gallon of refreshing water. Wow! The smart, collapsible design makes our reusable ice pack for cooler easy to fold OR roll and hide away. Doubles as water packets for emergency or water emergency containers.
- 4 THERMO-ISOLATING LAYERS - ICE LASTS UP TO 2X LONGER – Ice Lock premium large long-lasting ice packs for coolers are thick ice bag buddies engineered to keep any large ice chest cooler for up to 2x longer than regular cool packs for coolers. Yeah! Made of food-safe, BPA-Free, slim, yet powerful plastic for greater flexibility when packing up even a tall camping cooler. Gear up your arsenal of cooler bag insulated waterproof accessories with this collapsible cooler pack. Just add ice!
- PURCHASE WORRY-FREE WITH 100% MONEY BACK 2 YEAR GUARANTEE – It took us years to design and fine-tune these perfect cold cooler packs for camping. However, If there are any issues with this pack of super flexible reusable ice packs for coolers for a full two years, no problem! Just contact us at the website written on the bag for a full refund. Enjoy these non-toxic and indestructible ice packs. Yes, your dream of soft-sided food ice pack built to last, is here
- Lasting Cold: Our durable ice pack for both coolers and lunch boxes are colder than ice at 18° F (-8° C) to keep your favorite sandwiches & soft drinks cold for up to 48 hrs
- Easy: Filling this 8-mil thick ice-cold pack is easy freezy! Add water once using the funnel, shake, screw cap on, & freeze until ready to use
- Strong: Voted #1 in the 2017-18 Wiki EzVid Ice Pack competition, these cooler and lunch box ice packs are nylon-reinforced for freezer-to-lunch bag trips
- Reusable: Replace pounds of ice & get our long-lasting lunch ice pack - without the totally-not-cool melted messes
- Relief: These ice packs for coolers help soothe pain from injury or for post-surgery recovery; Note: Wrap and avoid direct skin contact
- ARCTIC ICE COOLER ICE PACKS: The ARCTIC ICE Tundra Series reusable ice pack freezes at 5 degrees Fahrenheit. Designed to keep frozen goods frozen! Great for hunting, fishing, transporting frozen fish and meat, and ice cream and popsicles
- FREEZER PACKS: This large ARCTIC ICE Tundra Series ice pack is an all natural product derived from vegetable oils, and is designed for use in a large cooler or portable cooler to help keep frozen things frozen
- LONG LASTING ICE PACKS: ARCTIC ICE portable ice packs for coolers last much longer than ice, features a leak proof ultra sonic spin welded cap, features a maximum surface area for faster cooling and can be used with ice in ice chests and coolers
- ARCTIC ICE REUSABLE ICE PACK: These ice packs and freezer packs are tested to be reusable up to 100,000 times and are made in the USA
- ARCTIC ICE: Compare long lasting ARCTIC ICE packs to other brands including Colpac Ice Packs, Engel Coolers, Rctic Coolers, Yeti Ice, Nek Ice Packs, Igloo Ice Packs and Igloo Cooler, Medela Ice Packs, Fit & Fresh Cool Coolers and Rubbermaid Ice Packs
Last update on 2021-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API