The 3 Best Supplements For Vision For The Elderly. Looking for the best vision supplements for seniors? Here are the 3 eyesight supplements for seniors. This Review Reveals the Favorite and The Most Economical.
Vision Health Supplements Can Save Your Eyes.
Please Do Not Let This Happen To You
Did you know that 40 million adults — both young and old — struggle with vision problems each year?
Did you know that after you reach adulthood, everyday eye strain causes your eyes to weaken and become more sensitive?
Imagine if there was a simple way at a reasonable cost to handle most of these vision problems.
You don’t have to imagine it, it is created. They are called vision health supplements
Read below to know more.
Thankfully, there are quality vision supplements that can keep your eyes healthy and strengthen your vision. It is important to be cautious when choosing a vision supplement. There is a wide range of quality when it comes to vision health.
In this article, we’re reviewing the best-vision health supplements in 2022 for the elderly.
The Vision Health For Seniors
If you’re in a hurry, here are links to our favorite vision health For Seniors. We go into more detail about why we like them later on in this article.
Best Vision Health For Seniors
At A Glance
Ed’s #1 Choice
#1. PreserVision AREDS 2 Eye Vitamin & Mineral Supplement
PreserVision AREDS 2 Eye Vitamin & Mineral Supplement
- PRESERVISION AREDS 2 EYE VITAMINS: This formula uses Lutein & Zeaxanthin, zinc, copper, Vitamin C & Vitamin E to exactly match the nutrient formula recommended by the AMD experts at the National Eye Institute based on the Age-Related Eye Disease Study 2.
- Product Note: Exposure to heat or sunlight may lead to melting/damage of the product. Hence customers are expected to be available during the product delivery.
- AREDS 2 SUPPLEMENT: PreserVision is the #1 doctor-recommended eye vitamin based on 20 years of clinical studies to help reduce the risk of progression of moderate to advanced Age-related Macular Degeneration, & uses Lutein & Zeaxanthin.
- EYE VITAMINS FOR HEALTHY EYES: Bausch + Lomb carries a full line of ocular supplements with vitamins, minerals & nutrients that promote eye health, including Ocuvite eye vitamins for general eye health & PreserVision for age-related eye health concerns.
- BAUSCH + LOMB EYE CARE EXPERTS: In 1853, John Jacob Bausch opened an optical goods store in Rochester, New York. Since then, Bausch + Lomb has continued to focus on innovation and quality in eye care products, from contact lenses to lubricant eye drops.
- BAUSCH + LOMB EYE SUPPLEMENTS: Eye health is more than good vision and at Bausch + Lomb, we’re focused on all aspects of healthy eyes. Try our eye health vitamins and supplements if you’ve used other supplements based on the AREDS or AREDS2 study.
- During the summer months, products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations, when provided.
Pros For PreserVision AREDS 2 Eye Vitamin & Mineral Supplement,
- Could Be A Vision Saver.
- Easy To Swallow
- High Quality
- Doctor Recommended.
- Very Economical.
Cons For PreserVision AREDS 2 Eye Vitamin & Mineral Supplement,
- Some Said It Caused Abdominal Pain.
- Some Said The Gels Melted Together.
- Some Said Gels Were Damaged
Why You Should Get Vision Health Supplements To Alleviate Eye Diseases And Conditions
The following eye problems can lead to vision loss and blindness in older adults. They may have few or no early symptoms. Regular eye exams are your best protection. If your eye care professional finds a problem early, often there are things you can do to protect your vision.
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) can harm the sharp, central vision needed to see objects clearly and to do common things like driving and reading. Your eye care professional will ask about your family history and look for signs of AMD during a dilated eye exam. Treatments are available,
- Diabetic retinopathy may occur if you have diabetes. It develops slowly, often with no early warning signs. If you have diabetes, be sure to have a dilated eye exam at least once a year. Keeping your blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol under control can prevent diabetic retinopathy or slow its progress in the early stages.
- Cataracts are cloudy areas in the eye’s lens causing blurred or hazy vision. Some cataracts stay small and don’t change your eyesight much. Others become large and reduce vision. Cataract surgery can restore good vision and is a safe and common treatment.
- Glaucoma is usually caused by too much fluid pressure inside the eye. If not treated, it can lead to vision loss and blindness. People with glaucoma often have no early symptoms or pain. You can help protect yourself by having dilated eye exams yearly.
- A dry eye occurs when tear glands don’t work well. You may feel stinging or burning, a sandy feeling as if something is in the eye, or other discomforts. Dry eye is common as people get older, especially for women. Your eye care professional may tell you to use a home humidifier or air purifier, special eye drops (artificial tears), or ointments to treat dry eye.
What Is Low Vision?
Low vision means you cannot fix your eyesight with glasses, contact lenses, medication, or surgery. Low vision affects some people as they age. You may have low vision if you:
- Can’t see well enough to do everyday tasks like reading or cooking
- Have difficulty recognizing the faces of your friends or family
- Have trouble reading street signs
- Find that lights don’t seem as bright
Tips For Healthy Eyes At Any Age
There are things you can do to take good care of your eyes and help keep them healthy as you age:
- Protect your eyes from sunlight by wearing sunglasses that block ultraviolet (UV) radiation and a hat with a wide brim when you are outside.
- Stop smoking.
- Make smart food choices.
- Be physically active and maintain a healthy weight.
- Maintain normal blood pressure.
- Manage diabetes (if you have it).
- If you spend a lot of time at the computer or focusing on one thing, take a break every 20 minutes to look about 20 feet away for 20 seconds to prevent eye strain.
#2. Focus Select® AREDS2 Based Eye Vitamin-Mineral Supplement
Focus Select® AREDS2 Based Eye Vitamin-Mineral Supplement
- SUPPORTS MACULAR AND OCULAR HEALTH: This AREDS2-based eye vitamin has been formulated to support ocular and macular health by providing important vitamins and nutrients including lutein, zeaxanthin, and lower levels of zinc.
- DEVELOPED AND RECOMMENDED BY EYE DOCTORS: The Focus Select AREDS2-based formula for macular health has been developed by eye doctors and formulated with nutrients proven to be beneficial in the AREDS2 study.
- EASY TO SWALLOW: We created our AREDS2-based eye supplement in an easy-to-swallow softgel. Take one (1) softgel in the morning and one (1) softgel in the evening with meals.
- SAFE FOR SMOKERS: The Focus Select AREDS2-based supplement contains lutein and zeaxanthin instead of Vitamin A.
- PATIENT SAFETY IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY: Made in the USA, we created our AREDS2-based formula with the safest level of zinc. Focus Select is produced in an NSF-certified facility. As an extra measure, we conduct and approve a third-party certification of analysis for every active ingredient, on every lot, every time.
Pros For Focus Select® AREDS2 Based Eye Vitamin-Mineral Supplement
- This Is Recommended By A Doctor.
- No Nausea Like Other Gels.
- It Good Price Performer.
- It Works On Stopping Macular Degeneration.
Cons For Focus Select® AREDS2 Based Eye Vitamin-Mineral Supplement
- Some Said The Gels Melted Together.
- Some Said It Made Them Dizzy.
- Some Said It Created Stomach Problems.
#3. Areds 2 Eye Vitamins w/ Lutein, Zeaxanthin & Bilberry Extract
Areds 2 Eye Vitamins w/ Lutein, Zeaxanthin & Bilberry Extract
- AREDS 2 Eye Support & Vision Vitamins: Our eye health supplement was crafted by experts to ensure optimal eye health support. Contains clinically proven Lutemax (lutein), Zeaxanthin, Bilberry extract, and Vitamin C, E, B12, Folate, Zinc, & Copper.
- Eye Health Support: As we get older, it’s essential to take care of our eyes. Our Areds2 Formula aids in support of overall eye health, eye strain, dry eyes, & protection from blue light. All of these benefits in 2 easy to take veggie caps.
- Combat Eye Fatigue: The B.L.U.E. Study showed carotenoids from Lutemax have positive effects on vision health, sleep quality, and can reduce occasional eye strain from long exposure to blue light screens. Our formula has all 3 macular carotenoids.
- Optimal Lutein & Zeaxanthin Ratio: Contains Lutein 20 mg and Zeaxanthin 4 mg in the heavily studied 5:1 ratio in the form of Lutemax. Ideal for supporting eye health, dry eyes, & vision. Contains Black Pepper Extract for enhanced absorption.
- Safety Assured Standard of Quality: Our eye health vitamins are 3rd-party tested for purity and manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients in a cGMP-compliant facility. NO: added soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, peanuts, shellfish
Pros For Areds 2 Eye Vitamins w/ Lutein, Zeaxanthin & Bilberry Extract
- It Helped Their Eyes.
- It Is Easy To Take.
- It Worked Immediately.
Cons For Areds 2 Eye Vitamins w/ Lutein, Zeaxanthin & Bilberry Extract
- Some Said It Created Stomach Problems.
- Some Said It Did Not Work.
FAQ’s About Vision Health Supplements
Question: Is capsule or softgel also vegan or not? is the capsule/softgel more than just vegetarian, but is it vegan or not?
Answer: I have read all the ingredients. I’m a vegan myself. I do not see any animal products in the ingredients. It says the capsule is made from plant cellulose.
Question: How does it help Dry eyes?
Answer: I do not know the science, but I had a dry itchy eye every morning until i went on this supplement, it took a couple of weeks to notice the changes. I hardly use any eye drops at this time, whereas I was using them 2 to 3 times a day prior to using this supplement.
Question: Will this help make my red eyes white again?
Answer: My eyes are definitely less red, though I no longer take this supplement with the extra vitamins (sensitive to stuff). I only take lutein now and it is all I need to correct the dry eyes and reduce redness.
Question: Where is this product made?
Answer: All our products are made in the USA in a certified organic facility.
To conclude, we’d recommend checking out the PreserVision AREDS 2 Eye Vitamin & Mineral Supplement, as we think this has some of the best features compared to the others. It gives the senior the best value. PreserVision AREDS 2 Eye Vitamin & Mineral Supplement is generally one of the most reliable Eye Supplements in terms of quality and durability so we don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Focus Select® AREDS2 Based Eye Vitamin-Mineral Supplement is a close runner-up.
If you are on a budget we suggest the Areds 2 Eye Vitamins w/ Lutein, Zeaxanthin & Bilberry Extract which is the least expensive.
So we hope that helps to narrow down some of the best Vision Supplements available. We’ll continue to monitor any new units that come out and add to this post if we see any that look promising.
Let us know which one you go for!
Here Are Some Additional Reviews That Can Help Seniors