Is The Sunny Health Recumbent Bike Any Good? In This Sunny Health and Fitness Recumbent Bike Review, I Reveal the Pros and Cons of Sunny Health Recumbent Bike.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Recumbent Bike is available in a variety of different models.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Recumbent Bike has a low stand-over aluminum frame with easy step-through access, classic swept back handlebars for a relaxed, recumbent riding position, and an adjustable seat for comfortable riding.
- HANDLEBARS: Moveable handlebars transform the recumbent bike into the ultimate low impact fitness machine. Handlebars move back/forth while pedaling to increase the amount of effort during the entire movement resulting in increased calories burned
- PULSE SENSORS: Integrated pulse sensors to read heartbeats per minute
- 8 LEVELS OF RESISTANCE: Magnetic resistance systems allow users from all different fitness levels to achieve a challenging effective work-out.
- OVERSIZED SEAT AND BACK: The large seat supports the hips and seat back to ensure correct posture and increase comfort during the workout
- PEDALS: The non-slip adjustable foot pedals have a large surface area to push hard and keep users’ feet stable during the entire pedal stroke. The adjustable straps keep users feet secure and avoid from sliding forward or to the side
- EASY ADJUSTABLE SEAT: Seat will move while still seated to find the optimal distance to the pedals and handlebars
- EXTENDED WEIGHT CAPACITY: The sturdy heavy-duty frame can accommodate weights up to 350 lbs.
- TRANSPORTATION WHEELS: Built-in wheels make portability convenient
Who is the Sunny Health & Fitness Recumbent Bike For?
Recumbent bikes are the best choice for seated exercises, because of their comfortable seat and support of the back. This bike helps relax your upper body muscles by focusing on the lower body and the cardiovascular system, giving you full back support.
What To Look For When Buying An Recumbent Bike For Seniors
- Seat: Recumbent bikes need to be comfortable. It helps people with back problems by not put too much pressure on their backs. Make sure it has an adjustable and soft seat.
- Flywheel: Make sure It is powered by a two-way magnetic flywheel technology that not only provides more adjustable intensities but also provides a smooth riding experience, stronger power, and a silent function. The bike produces as little as 20 dB of sound which is much less than the traditional bikes with chains.
- Design: Must allow easy and smooth mounting and dismounting. The design should be a step-through. This means that you can walk to the bike and sit on the seat instead of lifting your leg and crossing it over the bike.
- Backlit Display: This is needed if you exercise in a dark room.
- Resistance: Magnetic tension resistance ensures a smoother ride. The ability to adjust resistance is also an awesome feature that some bikes include. This allows you to determine exactly how challenging your ride will be and could be very useful if multiple riders are using the bike.
- Fan: A cooling fan with different levels of speed is a needed feature.
- Speaker System: A set of speakers, you can listen to good music while you exercise. Entertainment is a good and enjoyable part of exercising.
- Connectivity: It is essential for bikes to have USB connectivity or Bluetooth. It helps you stay connected to your devices while you exercise.
- Backrest: The backrest should be mesh. This allows the air to circulate to your back.
- Warranty: When buying a recumbent bike, look for one that offers a long-term warranty for both the frame and all the electric parts.
- Programs: Recumbent stationary bikes are a great way to workout while becoming absorbed in entertainment such as video games, Netflix, books, and browsing your phone.
When I first looked at this bike it had an extra arm. It was moveable handlebars, which transform the recumbent bike into the ultimate low impact fitness machine. Handlebars move back/forth while pedaling to increase the amount of effort during the entire movement resulting in increased calories burned. It appeared very sturdy and very silent, which is important to me. The display was clear and easy to understand. It has enough resistance (8) to work out with.
If you look over the pros and cons and examine the reviews you will see that there are more positives (822) then negatives (157) And many of the negatives are misconceptions. If someone doesn’t know how to return a part for a bike for a few dollars hire someone. For example, this doesn’t mean you throw away the bike.
Pros For The Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Bike
- Very Smooth Ride
- Affordable, Especially For The Features Offered
- Pulse Sensor Built Into Handles
- Seat Is Fully Adjustable For People With A Wide Range Of Height
- Does Have Different Resistance Options To Give A Bit Of A Tougher Ride For More Experienced Bikers
Cons For The Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Bike
- Some Said The Arms Are A Slight Bit High And Aren’t Adjustable
- Some Said Quite A Bit Of Assembly Required
- Some Said It Developed Bad Squeks After Two Weeks
- Some Said It Is Not Responsive When Needing Help
Amazon Review #1
Very functional, comfortable and stable for 80 year old father… or anybody!
Reviewed in the United States on May 17, 2020
We ordered this for my 80 year old dad about 4 days ago since he can’t go to his gym during the lock down. It arrived well packaged and without any issues. My strong wife and I moved it together and assembled it in a little over an hour. The instructions were clear and the parts were well organized for us to figure out the assembly. It even comes with all the necessary tools. My dad tried it out right away and absolutely LOVES it. He said it’s better than the one in his gym. It’s quiet, stable, easy to get in and out, easy to adjust the seat, and the computer is not overly complicated and tells him everything he needs to know. Amazingly it runs on just 2 AAA batteries. *included!* He gets more of a cardio workout than just working his legs alone. He can use just his legs or just his arms if he wanted. And best if all, he’s comfortable and stable. He was using level four and felt a good workout going 2 miles in about 10 minutes and there are 8 levels so there’s plenty of room to challenge himself. I don’t normally write reviews, but so far we’re very happy with this purchase and it seems to deserve a good review.
5 people found this helpful
Amazon Review #2
Surprisingly good for the price, Overall love it.
Reviewed in the United States on April 10, 2020
The instructions were great, the tools and parts all included on shrink-wrapped panels, so easy to identify. Assembly took me a couple of hours, going slowly and resting. Having done lots of assemblies, this one was easy and everything fit perfectly. AND I found the movement VERY smooth and silent. Very surprised, pleasantly, at how smooth the mechanism is. Others have noted that the handles are too far forward for longer legs. I’m 6′, maybe proportionately slightly shorter arms (know this from basketball) and also found myself reaching too much for the up cycle on the handles. I experimented and found that if I raised myself off the seat a bit with pillows, the reach for both arms and legs was better. SO, I’m in the process now of raising the seat by using flat 2×4 wooden spacers. This meant ordering M8x50mm (I had to learn the metric notation system for bolts–which was a plus! It’s all on-line. M=metric, 8 = 8mm diameter which is about 5/16″, thread pitch is typically 1.25 mm from thread to thread which is about 20/inch in US, 50 mm = 2.0 “). The seat bolts are M8x16 or 5/16 by 1/2″. So adding in the 1.5″ of the 2×4, = 2”. I will update after I’ve installed these, bolts coming tomorrow. (Amazon–social distancing order). Overall, I love this machine for $300 when I was considering a $3,500 NuStep. NuStep has adjustable arms. Sunny could design adjustable arms. And on the down cycle, have to be careful not to bump into your legs. The display cycles across a half dozen indicators including pulse. Pressing and holding the RESET button resets them all. Very legible. Turn on a good Netflix series, and motor. Great exercise.
One person found this helpful
Conclusions About The Sunny Health & Fitness Recumbent Bike
This is our runner up pick because you have a lot of functions and comfort. It has less stress on the body which fits us, seniors, very well.