Looking for Does Medicare Pay For Acupuncture? This Review Reveals What They Cover.
Medicare is health insurance for people 65 or older. You’re first eligible to sign up for Medicare 3 months before you turn 65. You may be eligible to get Medicare earlier if you have a disability, End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), or ALS (also called Lou Gehrig’s disease).
It is important to understand what Medicare is willing to cover, so we don’t have a big bill afterward.
Acupunture: Effective… Wholelistic… Affordable…
What Is Acupunture?
Acupuncture involves the insertion of very thin needles through your skin at strategic points on your body. A key component of traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture is most commonly used to treat pain. Increasingly, it is being used for overall wellness, including stress management.
Traditional Chinese medicine explains acupuncture as a technique for balancing the flow of energy or life force — known as chi or qi (chee) — believed to flow through pathways (meridians) in your body. By inserting needles into specific points along these meridians, acupuncture practitioners believe that your energy flow will re-balance.
In contrast, many Western practitioners view acupuncture points as places to stimulate nerves, muscles, and connective tissue. Some believe that this stimulation boosts your body’s natural painkillers.
What Medicare Covers For Acupuncture
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers up to 12 acupuncture visits in 90 days for chronic low back pain.
Medicare covers an additional 8 sessions if you show improvement. If your doctor decides your chronic low back pain isn’t improving or is getting worse, then Medicare won’t cover your treatments. No more than 20 acupuncture treatments can be given yearly.
|Medicare doesn’t cover acupuncture (including dry needling) for any condition other than chronic low back pain.|
Your costs in Original Medicare
Costs details aren’t yet available for this benefit.
Acupuncture is a technique where practitioners stimulate specific points on the body, most often by inserting thin needles through the skin. Things to know
Chronic low back pain is defined as:
- Lasting 12 weeks or longer
- Having no known cause (not related to cancer that has spread, inflammatory, or infectious disease)
- Pain not associated with surgery or pregnancy
You must get acupuncture from a doctor, or by another health care provider (like a nurse practitioner or physician assistant) who has both of these:
- A masters or doctoral level degree in acupuncture or Oriental Medicine from a school accredited by the Accreditation Commission on Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- A current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice acupuncture in the state where care is being provided
For more information Acupuncture coverage (medicare.gov)
- NEED PRESCRIPTION STRENGTH PAIN RELIEF? A TENS unit muscle stimulator and electric massager that provides pain relief, acts as a muscle massager or shoulder massager, provides carpal tunnel relief, and acts as a muscle relaxer(great for muscle recovery)
- OVER 1M TENS 7000 DEVICES SOLD: A consumer over the counter favorite back pain relief device and a leader in physical therapy equipment for providing immediate and lasting drug-free muscle pain relief from back pain, neck pain, tennis elbow, and bursitis
- A LEADER SINCE 2008: A 10+ year favorite TENS device among medical professionals for delivering drug-free back pain relief as well as treating common ailments like neck pain, carpal tunnel relief, arthritis, shoulder, knee, elbow, leg and foot pain
- GET IMMEDIATE PAIN RELIEF: TENS machine comes with multiple TENS therapy modes that will provide instant muscle pain relief. An electrotherapy machine with everything needed for TENS therapy, a class leader in electric massagers for muscles. The pulse amplitude, or intensity level, is adjustable from 0-100mA in 10mA increments, which is controlled by the respective knobs located at the top of the device, for both channels
- DUAL CHANNEL TENS UNIT: The TENS 7000 TENS unit provides TENS therapy and is a muscle stimulator, nerve stimulator, and electric massager with independent dual channels that control four(4) TENS unit pads (electrodes) for targeted pain relief
- PAIN REDUCTION - Naturally reduce muscle tension, and back pain by simply laying on the mat daily for 10-30 minutes. Acupressure releases endorphins that block pain, and helps relax the muscles in your back, neck and feet
- FULL SUPPORT - The cushioned foam mat is large enough to fit your full back, and unlike many mats that only cover your back, this set includes a pillow covered in acupressure points for neck support and more holistic pain relief
- RELAXATION & STRESS RELIEF - Lay back and relax onto this "bed of needles" to massage pressure points that help release tight muscles and relieve stress. Use prior to bedtime to improve your sleep
- INCREASED ENERGY & CIRCULATION - Thousands of acupressure points stimulate nerves and improve blood circulation for increased energy and faster muscle recovery, making it great for users who sit at a desk daily, as well as active individuals and athletes
- Made out of 100% high quality thick cotton and plant-based eco foam, the acupressure mat has 6, 210 acupressure points; neck pillow has 1, 782 acupressure points
- ✅ 10 MAGNETIC ACUPRESSURE POINTS exert pressure on specific points in the lumbar area, to enhance the blood circulation, relieve tension, stiffness, relax muscles, and alleviate upper and lower back pain.
- ✅ HEAVY-DUTY BACK SUPPORT DEVICE made of thick, durable ABS plastic supports up to 400 pounds of weight without breaking or losing its form like similar back orthopedic support devices on the market.
- ✅ SILICONE CUSHION FOR SPINE PROTECTION: The soft silicone middle pad prevents the back stretcher from slipping, provides additional massage points for back decompression, and protects the back from excess pressure.
- ✅ ADJUSTABLE STRAP FOR ATTACHMENT TO ANY CHAIR: Anchor the back arch stretcher to desk chair, office chair, or home chair and enjoy more comfortable seating and a natural sitting posture, for pain relief.
- ✅ LIGHTWEIGHT, PORTABLE DESIGN: This compact back massager is easily carried to the office, gym, on your travels and holidays, making a must-have accessory for office workers, professional drivers, and travelers.
Last update on 2021-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API