Looking for Best Mattresses For Back Pain For The Elderly? Here are The 3 Mattresses For The Elderly. This Review Reveals the Favorite and The Most Economical.
The fact is, that even a few hours of sleep deprivation can have disastrous effects. It dulls your reflexes, compromises your judgment, causes cognitive impairment, and clouds your memory. Does that sound like an accident waiting to happen? True enough, how many traffic accidents and on-the-job disasters occurred because someone dozed off? The bottom line, is we need to sleep it is ultra important.
There is one thing you can do select a mattress that helps you sleep. Sleep helps restore the body.
There are hundreds of statements telling you that this or that mattress is the best. Our back pains are very unique and the only we can be certain of is to test these mattresses. Also, look to get the best and longest guarantee.
These mattresses below represent 280,974 sold just from Amazon, which is a very good sample size of how good they are.
Mattresses: Reduce Back Pain… Safe… Affordable…
The Mattresses For The Elderly
If you’re in a hurry, here are links to our favorite Mattresses For Back Pain For The Elderly. We go into more detail about why we like them later on in this article.
Best Mattresses For Back Pain At A Glance
Which Is Better – Foam or Spring Mattress
By now, you might have understood the pros, cons, and differences of both memory foam and spring mattresses. While there is no single winner between the two, it depends on what type of sleeper you are and whether you are a single sleeper or sleep with someone else. While some mattresses may comfort you, they might not fit others.
If you are looking for motion isolating technology, a soft feel, and a mattress that conforms to your body, then a foam bed is ideal for you. But if you suffer from back pain and want a stiff feeling, then a spring mattress should be your go-to mattress.
Ultimately, the decision comes down to your sleeping needs. Make sure you research well before deciding on your go-to mattress. Hopefully, the insights shared above will help you in deciding on your next mattress.
This article is for informational purposes and should not replace advice from your doctor or other medical professionals.
Mattress Reviews For The Elderly
Now that you know what to look for in a mattress for seniors, you can start shopping around. Just make sure that you take your time and choose the right one for you. Let’s jump into my personal reviews of 3 mattresses for seniors or anyone that wishes to have a comfortable mattress to sleep on,
#1. Zinus 10 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress / CertiPUR-US Certified / Bed-in-a-Box / Pressure Relieving, Queen (Our Favorite)
Here are the manufacturer’s specifications for the Zinus 10-Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress:
GREEN TEA-INFUSED MEMORY FOAM – With a Soft, Poly Jacquard Cover
THE RIGHT COMBINATION– Our special recipe for rejuvenating rest. Refreshing green tea and moisture-absorbing Activ charcoal infused into pressure-relieving memory foam that cradles your shape so you awake free of aches and pains and fresh as a daisy.
PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS– 2.5 inches conforming memory foam, 2 inches soft, airflow enhancing comfort foam, and 5.5 inches durable, high-density base support foam; ideal for side sleepers and petite to average-weight sleepers.
CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED– Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content.
EXPERTLY PACKAGED– Our technology allows this mattress to be efficiently compressed into one box that’s easily shipped and maneuvered into the bedroom; simply unbox, unroll and this mattress does the rest, expanding to its original shape within 72 hours. Please allow 24 hours at room temperature for the surface to return to its normal feel.
Worry-free 10-year limited warranty included; twin mattress supports a maximum weight of 250 pounds, while all other sizes can support up to 500 pounds
Pros For Zinus 10 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
- A Very Comfortable Mattress.
- Best mattress They Ever Owned.
- Amazing Mattress At An Excellent price.
- Not Getting Hot In The Middle Of The Night.
- No Back Pain
Cons For Zinus 10 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
- Some Said It Smelled.
- Some Said This Bed Is Too HARD.
- Some Said It Had Poor Quality Control.
#2. LUCID 10 Inch Memory Foam- Full-Size Mattress
Here are the manufacturer’s specifications for the LUCID 10 Inch Memory Foam- Full-Size Mattress
- FIRM FEEL – This Lucid mattress includes 2.5 inches of ventilated gel memory foam, 1 inch of transition foam, and 6.5 inches of bamboo charcoal-infused support foam for a firm feel ideal for side and back sleepers
- MEMORY FOAM – A thin layer of responsive memory foam provides soft support, containing more comfort than a traditional innerspring mattress. The memory foam layer also contains ventilation holes for an easy air transfer to your bed.
- GEL INFUSION – Top layer of the mattress is ventilated memory foam infused with cooling gel, capturing and dissipating heat to help regulate body temperature for a more comfortable sleep climate
- PLACE IN ANY ROOM – This mattress is perfect for any occasion. Best for side and back sleepers, this memory foam mattress fits well in any primary bedroom or guest bedroom and works well with any slatted bed frame, platform bed, or adjustable base.
- MATTRESS IN A BOX – Good sleep can’t wait. This is why we’ve designed all our Lucid mattresses to be compressed, rolled, and shipped in one box for easy delivery and setup. Simply unbox, unroll, and wait 24-48 hours for the mattress to expand.
Pros For LUCID 10 Inch Memory Foam- Full-Size Mattress
- Finally Full Night’s Sleep.
- Extremely Comfortable Mattress.
- LUCID Is A Reliable Brand.
- I Liked It So Much I Turned Around And Bought Another.
Cons For LUCID 10 Inch Memory Foam- Full Size Mattress
- Some Said It Did Not Fully Expand After A Week.
- Some Said It was A Moldy Mattress.
- Some Said It Sinks In Too Much.
#3. LINENSPA 10 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
Here are the manufacturer’s specifications for the LINENSPA 10 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
- 10-inch hybrid combines the traditional support of an innerspring mattress with the plush comfort of hypoallergenic memory foam for a medium feel
- A thick layer of memory foam conforms to your curves to help eliminate pressure points and increase comfort
- Compressed and shipped in a box for convenient delivery and setup, this universally comfortable mattress makes relaxing easy. Cover – 1.5 inches quilted memory foam. Comfort layer 2.5 inches foam
- Available in a medium firm 8-inch profile, a medium 10-inch profile, or a plush 12-inch profile that also features gel infusions and supportive steel coils
- The packaging process may leave small brown flecks called carbons in the mattress packaging; These carbons are harmless pieces of plastic and will not stick to your mattress; 10 years limited warranty
Pros For LINENSPA 10 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
- Affordable Quality.
- Super Comfortable.
- Firm But Not Hard.
Cons For LINENSPA 10 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
- Some Said It Had Poor Quality.
- Some Said It Stinks.
- Some Said It Did Not Enlarge From The Box.
FAQs About Mattresses For Back Pain
Question: Is this mattress firm or plush? I’ve read conflicting information.
Answer: I have the 8″ and it’s medium-firm. AND IT’S TOTALLY WORTH IT! I’ve been working on losing weight and am currently at 275lb and I was concerned that I’d have an issue with comfort on the 8″. I wanted a thicker mattress but I didn’t want anything too plush.
Question: Is this mattress toxic-free? Is it CertiPur-US certified for safety, made without ozone depleters, PBDEs, heavy metals, or prohibited phthalates?
Answer: Yes, this mattress is CertiPUR-US certified and is not made with any harmful materials. It is perfectly safe to sleep on.
Question: How is the edge support on this mattress?
Answer: I’ve got a $2,500 Tempurpedic and this mattress in the guest room (where I sleep a lot) and can say the edge support on this mattress is one area it’s not as good. That and you sink into this one a bit much which makes moving around more difficult. But I gotta say overall for 10%!!!! of the price, it’s a comfortable mattress
Question: What’s the firm rating of the mattress?
Answer: Generally, the thicker the mattress, the more plush/soft the mattress will be. The 8″ is designed for back sleepers. and The 10-12″ is designed for back/side sleepers. The 13″ is designed for all-around sleeping, including on the stomach. Memory foam mattresses will contour your body during your rest.
Key Differences Between Memory Foam and Spring Mattress
Are you still confused between memory foam and spring mattresses? We have covered all the significant differences between foam and spring mattresses in the table below.
|Parameters||Memory Foam Mattress||Spring Mattress|
|Durability||Memory foam is more durable than a spring mattress due to the sagging of the spring mattress.||Spring mattresses are not as durable as memory foam because the coils start sagging due to extended use.|
|Body Support||A memory foam mattress conforms to all body parts uniformly.||Spring mattresses offer strong support to the body parts but not uniformly.|
|Recovery and Bouncing Properties||Usually, the recovery time of memory foam is slow and has less bounce compared to a spring mattress.||The spring and coil layer makes spring mattresses bouncier compared to memory foam.|
|Pain-relief||Memory foam conforms to the sleeper’s body and provides pressure relief, relieving joint and back pain. It offers better support to your spine.||Spring mattresses do not apply uniform pressure throughout the body and hence aggravate the pain at times.|
|Motion Transfer Isolation||Memory foam has good motion transfer properties making it a good option for sleepers who sleep with partners or children.||Spring mattresses are usually not good at isolating motion.|
|Temperature Regulation||Memory foam mattresses retain more heat than other mattress types – to combat this issue, manufacturers infuse different cooling techniques.||The coil inside the spring mattress increases the airflow making for good temperature regulation in spring mattresses.|
|Cost||The cost of a memory foam mattress depends on the type of material used. Usually, these mattresses are expensive compared to a spring mattresses.||Spring mattresses are less expensive compared to memory foam mattresses.|
To conclude, we’d recommend checking out the Zinus 10 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress / CertiPUR-US Certified / Bed-in-a-Box / Pressure Relieving, Queen as we think this has some of the best features compared to the others. It gives the senior the best value. It is a little pricier than some of the others. Zinus 10 Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress / CertiPUR-US Certified / Bed-in-a-Box / Pressure Relieving, Queen is generally one of the most reliable mattresses in terms of quality and durability so we don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
LUCID 10 Inch Memory Foam- Full-Size Mattress is a close runner-up.
If you are on a budget we suggest the LINENSPA 10 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress which are the least expensive.
So we hope that helps to narrow down some of the best Mattresses available. We’ll continue to monitor any new units that come out and add to this post if we see any that look promising.
Let us know which one you go for!