Secrets For Elderly Seating? This Review Reveals the best secrets of seating the elderly. As we age, this becomes critical.
How to Save Money and Make Your Body Last Longer
As we age, it gets harder and harder to get in and out of chairs. Muscle aches, knee or back pain, and arthritis get more severe with age. The elderly are at risk if they do not have support when getting up from their chairs. This is why some of the best lift chairs for the elderly can be useful for seniors. Lift chairs can reduce wear and tear on joints and muscles. Over the long haul, they will save doctor bills. While these may seem like relatively small issues on their own, over time, they can drastically impact any senior’s ability to live independently and can drastically inhibit their quality of life.
5 Secrets Of Seating
Here are 5 secrets of seating for the elderly. Some are choices we need to make to get the optimal effect from the seating. Others are how we maintain the chairs.
Secret #1 Choose Electric Power
Secret #2 Check Power Connections And Crimpled Wires.
Secret #3 Check Tension Over Time
Secret #4 Check Transformers
Secret #5 Choose One Touch Controls
Power Lift Recliner Trouble Shooting Basics
Most lift chair failures are electrical in nature, so check these things first:
Test The Power Outlet
Make sure the chair is securely plugged into the wall outlet, and make sure the outlet is working. Check this by plugging something else (like a small lamp) into that same outlet. Sometimes wall switches control electrical wall outlets. Has the wall switch accidentally been switched “off”?
Test The Power Box
The transformer box is the small box that sits on the floor behind your lift chair.
There is a plug-in connection on both sides of that box- one goes to the wall, one goes to the back of the chair. Make sure they are both firmly connected. If you are able, also check the connection from the transformer to the back of the chair, to be sure it is firmly attached. Have a look at the cables and make sure that they are not cut or crimped in any way. If they are damaged in some way, the cables are easily replaced.
Test Your Hand Control (Remote Controller)
Check to make sure you have power to the hand control. If your hand control has a
light on it, make sure it is lit. If it is not, then the plug-in connection to your hand control may be loose. Golden Technologies hand control plug-ins are located in the side pocket. Pride hand control plug-ins are between the seat cushion and the backrest of the chair. Make sure they are firmly connected. If all the power lights are on, but the hand control will not operate the chair, the hand control is easily replaced. Should you suspect a mechanical failure? Of course, any piece of equipment with moving parts could also experience a mechanical
failure. Sometimes, if an object has accidentally gotten lodged under a lift chair it can
cause it to malfunction, or make alarming sounds. Look under the chair when it is
reclined and check. If there is nothing under there, you may have a mechanical issue.
When your lift chair stopped working properly did you notice any of the following?
o Did you hear a fairly loud “pop” at any point while the chair was moving?
o Do you hear a loud grinding noise while operating the chair?
o Is the seat or the backrest of the chair leaning to one side?
o Is the footrest failing to raise or lower along with the chair?
Click On The Picture To Get All The Seating Products
How to Save Money and Make Your Body Last Longer
Lift chairs can reduce wear and tear on joints and muscles. Saving your doctor bills down the road. While these may seem like relatively small issues on their own, over time, they can drastically impact any senior’s ability to live independently and can drastically inhibit their quality of life.
- Easy Storage: Our Scooter Arm Tote keeps personal belongings safely within reach; It's made of durable, water resistant, latex free nylon and easily attaches to the scooter arm with adjustable straps
- 4 Pockets: The Scooter Arm Tote features one main zippered pocket with an easy pull zipper cord and full length zipper, plus 3 outside mesh pockets; Dimensions 14" x 2" x 10.5"
- Mobility Accessories: Whether you use a manual wheelchair, power chair, walker, or mobility scooter, our accessories, packs, and pouches add useful storage and functionality that you can take anywhere
- Increase Mobility and Security: Mobility solutions help you or a loved one regain confidence, freedom, and the ability to safely and independently access home or vehicle with less stress and more security
- Access Anywhere: Our products offer an array of temporary, portable and permanent mobility solutions from toilet lifts to ramps to homecare products to walker, scooter, wheelchair and crutch accessories
- LONG DRIVING RANGE: The Sport's long-lasting battery offers up to 14.5 miles per charge and an ample 4.7 mph top speed
- EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGER MOBILITY ACCESSORIES: Includes a Deluxe Armrest Bag (J200) to keep your essential dry and close to you while riding your scooter or powerchair, and the Nonbreakable Universal Scooter Cup Holder (J3000) so you can enjoy your coffee on the go!
- WARRANTY: 1-Year Hassle-Free In-Home Service Plan - Included. Lifetime limited warranty on frame 2-year limited warranty on electronics 2-year limited warranty on drivetrain 6-month limited warranty on batteries. Note: If you want to file a warranty claim on the batteries, you will need to have a valid load test reading showing that the batteries are faulty.
- MANEUVERABILITY - With the easy to use Travel Pro Premium 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter by Pride, the three wheel styling provides maneuverability in tight spaces with a sharp turning radius and smooth drive. This mobility scooter offers the benefits of a high range travel mobility scooter such as a top speed of 4mph with a 6.3 mile drive range, flat free tires, forward/reverse controls, and a weight capacity of a whopping 275 lbs.
- TRANSPORTABLE - Designed to be easy to transport, this travel scooter can be quickly disassembled into 5 lightweight pieces that easily fit in the trunk of an average sized sedan. The heaviest piece is only 27.5 lbs, light enough for most users to be able to easily carry independently.
- COMFORT - Ride in comfort and style; this travel scooter features an attractive fully-padded faux-leather seat that offers an adjustable height to suit users of nearly all heights, as well as padded armrests that flip up for convenient boarding and exiting of the scooter and a convenient front basket for stowing away personal items.
- USES - Whether you or your loved one needs help getting around the house and shopping or desires the freedom to travel and keep up with the family, this travel scooter can easily maneuver around hallways and doorframes and is compact enough for use during travel.
- SPECS - Includes a free cup holder and saddlebag ($55 value) shipped separately. Overall Width: 22.3" x Overall Length: 37" x Seat Width: 17" x Max Seat to Deck Height: 17.25"
Last update on 2021-10-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API