Is The Marcy Recumbent Bike Any Good? In This Marcy Recumbent Bike Review, I Reveal the Pros and Cons of Marcy Recumbent Bike
The Marcy Recumbent Bike is available in a variety of different models.
The Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike has a low stand-over aluminum frame with easy step-through access, classic swept back handlebars for a relaxed, recumbent riding position, and an adjustable seat for comfortable riding.
- STEP-THROUGH DESIGN – Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder-coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and dismounting that is created easier for the knees and back.
- EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS – This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and customize your workout according to fitness level!
- EASY-TO-READ COMPUTER SCREEN – The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as an odometer and has a sharp panel display that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- COMFORTABLE PADDED SEAT – The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle furnished with comfortable high-density foam. It features contoured foam-covered handles for extra support of the back and arms to help maintain proper form when exercising.
- COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS – Weighted pedals designed to provide maximal foot support while offering ultimate control. This bike is equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your feet.
What To Look For When Buying An Recumbent Bike For Seniors
Seat: Recumbent bikes need to be comfortable. It helps people with back problems by not put too much pressure on their backs. Make sure it has an adjustable and soft seat.
Flywheel: Make sure It is powered by a two-way magnetic flywheel technology that not only provides more adjustable intensities but also provides a smooth riding experience, stronger power, and a silent function. The bike produces as little as 20 dB of sound which is much less than the traditional bikes with chains.
Design: Must allow easy and smooth mounting and dismounting. The design should be a step-through. This means that you can walk to the bike and sit on the seat instead of lifting your leg and crossing it over the bike.
Backlit Display: This is needed if you exercise in a dark room.
Resistance: Magnetic tension resistance ensures a smoother ride. The ability to adjust resistance is also an awesome feature that some bikes include. This allows you to determine exactly how challenging your ride will be and could be very useful if multiple riders are using the bike.
Fan: A cooling fan with different levels of speed is a needed feature.
Speaker System: A set of speakers, you can listen to good music while you exercise. Entertainment is a good and enjoyable part of exercising.
Connectivity: It is essential for bikes to have USB connectivity or Bluetooth. It helps you stay connected to your devices while you exercise.
Backrest: The backrest should be mesh. This allows the air to circulate to your back.
Warranty: When buying a recumbent bike, look for one that offers a long-term warranty for both the frame and all the electric parts.
Programs: Recumbent stationary bikes are a great way to workout while becoming absorbed in entertainment such as video games, Netflix, books, and browsing your phone.
Looking for an easy way to shed unwanted pounds and increase cardiovascular endurance without sacrificing precious floor space, this is the product and it is reasonably priced. It has 8 resistance to work out with, which is enough.
If you look over the pros and cons and examine the reviews you will see that there are more positives (822) then negatives (157). And many of the negatives are misconceptions. If someone doesn’t know how to assemble a bike for a few dollars hire someone. For example, this doesn’t mean you throw away the bike.
Pros For The Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Easy To Assemble.
- Very Comfortable Overall.
- Very Quiet.
- So Overall This Bike Is Perfect For Somebody With Issues Below The Waste And Can’t Exercise Like Biking, Walking, Stepping Etc.
Cons For The Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike
- Some Said They Had Problems With The LCD Display
- Some Said They Had Trouble With The Belt
- Some Said It Stopped After A Short Time
Amazon Review #1
Love This Bike.
Reviewed in the United States on June 23, 2017
Does this bike have all the bells and whistles of the ones you’d find at a gym? Of course not. Does it get the job done? You bet.
The bike assembled fairly easily (you will probably need another pair of hands to attach the tension and computer cables, but it’s not a job worth the $80 assembly fee), holds my weight, seems sturdy, and is quiet. The resistance setting does not have a lot of gradation (Just 1-8), so this probably isn’t a bike for someone training to be in a triathlon, but for something to sit in front of a TV and burn some calories, which is all I really wanted, it’s great, and you can’t beat the price.
Update: After a month of heavy use by a big guy (daily for around an hour) the bike is still holding up great. Also, I’m apparently more of a wuss than I thought, because the highest levels of resistance are pretty darn resistant. My original review stands – if you’re looking for a cheap bike to get the job done, I recommend this bike wholeheartedly.
997 people found this helpful
Amazon Review #2
Reviewed in the United States on June 15, 2017
Great value for a stationary bike. Easy to assemble. I am a 61 yr old, 5 ft, 120 lb grandma and managed it on my own. Had to adjust to last notch due to short stature. If you are under 5 ft, you may have an issue. Quality is great for the price, sturdy, a little heavy, seat is roomy, back rest is supportive, arm rests help stabilize while pedaling and give a good place to rest arms. Comfortable to sit and read or watch TV while exercising, making time pass very quickly. Does not feel like you are torturing yourself exercising. Easily raised my heart rate on the lower tension settings. Appears to be made of good quality materials, not overly bulky looking, able to leave in living area without cramping my space. Computer readouts nice to keep track of progress. All the parts fit well together, no problems with assembly. Did use another tool to tighten the screws even though tools needed for assembly are provided. Would recommend this bike.
687 people found this helpful
Conclusions About The Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike
This is our favorite pick because you can’t go wrong and you can be proud to ride it. It has the least stress on the body which fits us, seniors, very well.
Here Are Other Reviews That Can Help Keep Seniors Safe: