Is The Drive Medical Suction Grab Bar Any Good? In This Drive Medical Suction Grab Bar Review, I Reveal the Pros and Cons of the Drive Medical Suction Grab Bar.
If you need more safety in the shower or bath, then you know the importance of grab bars for safety. In my Drive Medical Suction 12 Inch Grab Bar Review, I go through the pros and cons of this Moen Preened Grab Bar and reveal if it is a sound and safe product.
How To Live Accident-Free In The Bathroom For Less. As a senior bathroom aid product, Drive Medical Suction 12 Inch Grab Bar is a good product for apartment dwellers, travelers, or temporary situations, but there are some cautions you must pay attention to. Learn more In my Drive Medical Suction Grab Bar Review below.
What Is the Drive Medical Suction 12 Inch Grab Bar?
- Professional Grade: Plastic with rough grip section and a wide handle for better comfort and balance
- Quick Assembly: No assembly required.
- Robust: Dual locking suction cups with green and red indicators show it is locked.
- Strong Material: Made from a strong plastic
- Weight 6.4 ounces. Weight Capacity: It can support up to 250 lbs. I recommend not to hang your entire body weight on the bar.
- Product dimension:12″ (L) x 4″(W) x 3.75″(H);
- Warranty and Return Policy: Click here for the detail company info and return policies
- Clean the mounting surface and suction cups with a damp cloth.
- Flip levers up.
- Press dual suction cups firmly against a smooth, flat, non-porous surface.
- Flip levers down on each end of the suction handle.
- Check that indicator shows fully green (not red).
- Manually test the adhesion to the surface. if loose, reposition and re-attach
- Suction cups will still stick to surfaces without locking in place, so always assure that the indicator shows fully green and manually test for adhesion prior to use.
- The suction handle is for balance only. Do not place full weight on it or use it to pull yourself up.
- To Remove: Flip the levers up. Then lift up using tabs on suction cups to release.
- Place the grab bar on a smooth, non-porous surface.
- If placed over cracks or on the grout between tiles, the grab bar will not always be stable, and you may get a false reading on the indicator.
- Grab bars are meant for balance assistance only and not to support your entire weight.
- The grip can lose strength after time, so you should check them before every use.
Who is the Drive Medical Suction 12 Inch Grab Bar For?
The sweet spot for this grab bar is for travelers and people with short surgical recoveries. This device is also good for apartment dwellers who cannot drill into the bathroom tiles; forbidden by their landlords. If someone is fragile and can get seriously hurt look for a permeant bar anchored into the wall. This does not prohibit longer use, but just be more careful. Also, it fits a short-term solution and for someone who needs a highly reliable and sturdy way to prevent having an accident in the bathroom that could have serious consequences.
My First Impression of What Is the Drive Medical Suction 12 Inch Grab Bar?
What impresses me the most is the flexibility of the product and its stylish look. It is attractive. I see many of the more inexpensive grab bars look cheap. There are reviews that mentioned people having accidents. It will be difficult to get hurt with this product if you pay attention to the warnings above. It will also help raise their dignity and a person using it and give them the opportunity to take a shower by themselves.
FOR DRIVE MEDICAL SUCTION GRAB BAR .
Pros of What Is the Drive Medical Suction 12 Inch Grab Bar?
- It is portable
- It has indicators to show the suction works.
- 3.8 out of 5 stars or 96% of 900 customers like it.
Cons of What Is the Drive Medical Suction 12 Inch Grab Bar?
- The largest con is that it will, like all suction devices, not stick to all surfaces. The surfaces must be smooth, clean, non-porous, no grout in the middle the suction cups otherwise they will create air pockets. Whatever, similar products you look at there is be a 15-20% of customers that will not get it to work because of the surface of their bathrooms. There are a few who worked harder to try ways to get it to work, but they seem to be the exception.
- Click here for a few ideas to make it stick better.
My Overall Thoughts On What Is the Drive Medical Suction 12 Inch Grab Bar?
After looking at hundreds of reviews and weighing the pros and cons, this is a good economical choice for preventing accidents in the tub/shower. Most of the complaints are of people not checking the subtleties of their environment.
Let’s keep our loved ones and those under our care as safe as possible from falling without paying the highest price, so I recommend the Drive Medical Suction 12 Inch Grab Barr to the limited applications mentioned above.
Being installation is a critical part of this product. here is a video you can look at.
- I commit to making this website better and better each day.
- I would appreciate your frank comments – either good or bad.
- I would like to remind you that I will make a review for a product of your choice.